Is there no 2022 TdF thread?

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
First stage today was a TT (which I will never understand doing for the first stage) and wasn't thrilling but had a nice surprise and emotion in interviews and jersey ceremonies.

Stage 2 tomorrow is flat but longer (one of the few 200km stages) and there are green jersey points to be had.

Two GC guys on jumbo visma both wanting yellow, and TP going for 3 in a row are the big stories I reckon. And Jacobson maybe winning a stage after his horrendous crash 2 years ago. No Cav this year.

Once again I'm in for the race.

Last edited:
Was wet and a TT so little boring, nobody wants to wreck on the first day.
I really don't get the TT on the first day. Two individual TTs so one should be like stage 10 and the other like stage 20. Do a sprint stage and get a sprinter in yellow for a few days.

F y’all it was awesome! I’m there!!!
91BD2CD8-BDF9-41B0-AB67-666C3DF57AE6.jpeg
4D97FBBA-5A1A-47DD-9B2B-92F2A05FC0DB.jpeg
3ED5CB30-DD1D-4297-82DF-278A7614DC03.jpeg

Good news there are more American riders than there have been in some time. But they scattered on different teams now.

Brandon McNulty UEA (domestique for 2 time winner TP)
Matteo Jorgensen Movistar (debut)
Neilson powless EF education (EF is the american team, only native American rider ever to compete in tdf)
Quin simmons trek segrfredo
Joe dombrowksi Astana (road veteran but TDF debut)
Kevin vermaeke DSM (debut, 4th in dauphine)

And the man with the biggest impact sepp kuss from jumbo visma. One of the most important supporters on the the strongest team and winner of a stage last year.

Thats amazing man. Did you travel there for it? Watching tomorrow's stage i assume?
My wife had a work meeting in Copenhagen. So I made sure it was this weekend and I tagged along. It’s been more than hectic and insanely cool. I just got back from watching the end of stage 2. I rode 50 miles to the train before the stage to make the travel more exciting. Burrito in Copenhagen and beer to come.

Good news there are more American riders than there have been in some time. But they scattered on different teams now.

Brandon McNulty UEA (domestique for 2 time winner TP)
Matteo Jorgensen Movistar (debut)
Neilson powless EF education (EF is the american team, only native American rider ever to compete in tdf)
Quin simmons trek segrfredo
Joe dombrowksi Astana (road veteran but TDF debut)
Kevin vermaeke DSM (debut, 4th in dauphine)

And the man with the biggest impact sepp kuss from jumbo visma. One of the most important supporters on the the strongest team and winner of a stage last year.
Been following Sepp for a few years now. Kid can be a contender!

Been following Sepp for a few years now. Kid can be a contender!
I’m routing for something big for him as well. My brother rode with him a few times when he lived in Durango. Just said he was not even next level fitness wise. He was reediculous. Also a super nice guy,

Back
Top Bottom