iPhone recommendations

I’ve had my new phone for a week and liking it. Some adjustments, a visit to Verizon for a tech question, and asking my students a few questions.

One thing I miss from my Pixel was the ability to schedule a text message. Not the same on iPhone and actually sort of a pain. So I guess I will just have to reply at 4:30 am and hope the recipient has their phone on DND. lol.

the apple marketing machine at it's best! they add a feature that android has had for 5+ years and people lose their minds that a long standing problem is "finally" solved 😝
No argument from me.

That's the only thing I can find https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/auto-answer-calls-iph29145acf1/17.0/ios/17.0
And if that's what it is then is not the same or better than Pixel. Pixel actually answer the call and says to caller that person you call is screening this call and ask say your name and why you calling and etc..
This is the feature.

That's the only thing I can find https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/auto-answer-calls-iph29145acf1/17.0/ios/17.0
And if that's what it is then is not the same or better than Pixel. Pixel actually answer the call and says to caller that person you call is screening this call and ask say your name and why you calling and etc..

i know my google voice number has that option but does this apply to any number you use (your carrier number specifically) on the pixel phones? i hadnt noticed it on my samsung

i know my google voice number has that option but does this apply to any number you use (your carrier number specifically) on the pixel phones? i hadnt noticed it on my samsung
Ahh…the android marketing machine at its best. lol. The problem with android is the fragmentation of the ecosystem. I think that is a Google hardware specific feature

Ahh…the android marketing machine at its best. lol. The problem with android is the fragmentation of the ecosystem. I think that is a Google hardware specific feature

bummer, woulda been nice to screen calls for the carrier number.

I know you can install the google voice ap and use it through there, but (unless i missed the setting) it only works for google voice number

lol screening - how we have normalized being obnoxious as a general rule

Frankly, only savages don't text before calling. And I don't answer calls from people not in my contact list anyway.

Back
Top Bottom