How is allaire considered south Jersey?

So when I worked for Bell Atlantic as a field tech 195 was the south/central line. So there if Bell Atlantic says Allaire is in south Jersey i am going to agree.

My cell phone has a 908 area code..

Pisses me off every time every time , "oh your north jurssy"

I'm not from North Jersey.

Demand your area code back...

@Schilling beat me to it, but...

oh boy - this opens a can of worms. the north america numbering plan originally assigned NJ 201 and 609 - and they defined north and south.
201 was then split into 201/908 way back when (it was done as a split, not an overlay), then 732 came along.....732 was a freak, cause originally, area codes had to have the middle number be
a 0 or 1, this forced us to use 10 digit dialing (sort of).....

609 was never split as far as i know....nobody lives there so they will never run out of numbers....

area code for allentown....609. just sayin.

Damn it. To make it worse, I don't even have a 732 area code.

I feel so un-thug now.

Snip/

609 was never split as far as i know....nobody lives there so they will never run out of numbers....

area code for allentown....609. just sayin.
Damn, I wish nobody lived there. Traffic sucks if you head west of me.

Last edited:
Allaire must be south because everyday I check the still, stop by my cousins/girlfriend's house and get a bottle of shine, then go gator hunting in the hog bog with our swamp buggy.
I think that thin sliver of real estate, Brick - Howell - Jackson needs it's own area code....and reality TV series.

I think that thin sliver of real estate, Brick - Howell - Jackson needs it's own area code....and reality TV series.

Please tell me someone remembers the clan of people in the Jackson area that used to drive around with all the lifted and lowered cars with "Gangsta Hick" stickers all over them. It had to be a car club or some nonsense, but the catch phrase was "From the Hood to the Wood"

It still makes me laugh to this day.

https://myspace.com/gangstahic/mixes/classic-my-photos-384277/photo/117758575

Last edited:
As far as mountain biking is concerned, Allaire is the southernmost trail network in NJ. Anything past that is a Sandy wasteland. Chimney Rock is directly between Allaire and Ringwood so I consider that Central NJ.

We have to drive north to get there, so it must be central. For those of us that actually live in the sandy, flat, wasteland, Toms River is the cut off. Pass that heading north on the parkway and you are in central NJ, Anything over the bridge is North and if you pass Morristown it is Way Up North.

So for us, LM is North and Ringwood is Way Up North.

Or, you could use parkway exits. We are exit 63 ( yes, people actually live there), Allaire is 90, the parkway ends at 170 something ( i think), so Allire is sort of in the middle, so central.

Make sense?????? Oh and it is Pork Roll. I grew up in upsate NY, but that designation is a whole 'nother can of worms.

Naw it's anything north of 78 is north jersey
south of 78 to 195 is central jersey
South of 195 your in sand and its south jersey

Simple whats the beef?

trenton is still in philly

Truth. South Jersey has to start somewhere and Allaire falls into SJ...just at the top of it.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions