Team MTBNJ Halter's
Naw it's anything north of 78 is north jersey
south of 78 to 195 is central jersey
South of 195 your in sand and its south jersey

Simple whats the beef?

trenton is still in philly

I am in agreement with this

EJphotos

The belt of land that is now 539 used to divide New Jersey into West New Jersey and East New Jersey. But that was a long time ago. Lol.

Last edited:

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
it is a line from roughly the driscoll bridge to princeton that defined the beginning of south NJ.
there is no "shore" in north or central nj....

north jersey is defined by counties north of, or touching rt 80, or the hudson.

learn it. live it :D

btw - it is taylor ham - pork roll is the name the government forced on the product, and i will not be a pawn of the man.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Dingo is pretty close, but there is plenty of sand in Monmouth county, so the sand thing is blown out of the water. The cultural and geographical divide between north, central and south is legit and no way should be Salem county be the same as Princeton or Montgomery, which is why central exists.

rlb

I thought Salem County was unpopulated?

Unless there are two, the Allaire i find on google is North of Trenton, Trenton is absolutely Central Jersey.
Negative! The southernmost part of Trenton 40.18N latitude, The northern most trail in Allarie (hog bog) is 40.15N.

The Kalmyk

New Brunswick is north jersey to me. To get there I have I have to go north. Challenging my opinion would be a waste a time for anyone. I have a very singular point of view. Which is, I only see the world the way I want to. :D

wonderturtle

Allaire is in Central Jersey.

this survey puts the debate to rest

91,000 responses. apparently most of the votes were from Central Jersey (which not only suggests there many people consider their towns to be in Central Jersey - but they actually feel quite strongly about). http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2015/04/mapping_njs_unofficial_north_central_and_south_jer.html

tens of thousands of people participating in this survey say that they live in "central jersey" - therefore it exists.

and the people who live around Allaire say they live in Central Jersey - therefore its Cental Jersey, regardless of what someone in Cape May or Vernon thinks. in fact, 89% of the respondents to this survey said that Farmingdale was in Central Jersey. part of the park is in Howell (88%) and the location of the parking lot Wall (89%) also very strongly Central Jersey. pretty much puts the debate to rest IMHO.

Last edited:

Zaskar

Can't we just all get along??

image.jpg

michael.su

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I thought we all agreed that anything south of rt78 is South Jersey

Also - there is no such thing as Central Jersey. It's either North, South, East or West... And no one says East or West which leaves is woth two choices - North or South
I clearly live in South-West Central NJ
:p

Burlington and Ocean counties start South Jersey. Monmouth and Mercer are Central Jersey. Pork Roll FTW!

Last edited:

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
North Jersey coastal is cliff's and industrial waste. I will not take my family for Sun and fun there. I will take them SOUTH doe where the beaches are sandy and the land is flat. Central only exist to the obnoxious :)

Dingo

North Jersey coastal is cliff's and industrial waste. I will not take my family for Sun and fun there. I will take them SOUTH doe where the beaches are sandy and the land is flat. Central only exist to the obnoxious :)

Obnoxious. Ahh that's central Jersey, just stay on the parkway just sit in the "shore" traffic and leave us alone, 'Ya benny

Central Jersey we call it "the beach"

JK

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
So when I worked for Bell Atlantic as a field tech 195 was the south/central line. So there if Bell Atlantic says Allaire is in south Jersey i am going to agree.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
New Brunswick is north jersey to me. To get there I have I have to go north. Challenging my opinion would be a waste a time for anyone. I have a very singular point of view. Which is, I only see the world the way I want to. :D
the Raritan is the line, so NB is in central :). Makes sense that Rutgers is there given that is it is a CENTRAL location for Jerseys biggest state school.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
732 till I die, stay outta my hood, unless you are a Jorba member.

respect

@Schilling beat me to it, but...

oh boy - this opens a can of worms. the north america numbering plan originally assigned NJ 201 and 609 - and they defined north and south.
201 was then split into 201/908 way back when (it was done as a split, not an overlay), then 732 came along.....732 was a freak, cause originally, area codes had to have the middle number be
a 0 or 1, this forced us to use 10 digit dialing (sort of).....

609 was never split as far as i know....nobody lives there so they will never run out of numbers....

area code for allentown....609. just sayin.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions