House Addition

Looking good! Hopefully it all starts to come together at a quicker pace now!

Did the extra insulation in the RV help out with the cold week we just had?

Looking good! Hopefully it all starts to come together at a quicker pace now!

Did the extra insulation in the RV help out with the cold week we just had?
Just saw this...

Yeah it seems to help. We are plenty warm. The only issue I had was my pipes in my basement freezing without the furnace running down there. Put a couple space heaters down there and insulation in the windows. I don't think we will have another week like that this year

Week 17.
All sheathed in and passed inspection. Started setting windows and broke trough into the new living room. Hopefully fully dried in soon.
1000000351.jpg
1000000371.jpg
1000000396.jpg
1000000397.jpg
1000000398.jpg

looks awesome. So how are you feeling about all of it all at this point? Has to be stressful but having the roof on has to feel good. It always pains me to see wet wood so I'd have been on edge every time a rain drop or snow flake fell....but its an unavoidable part of the process. BTW you basically are building my wifes (and my) perfect house. Ranch type house with a basement area and a wrap around porch.

looks awesome. So how are you feeling about all of it all at this point? Has to be stressful but having the roof on has to feel good. It always pains me to see wet wood so I'd have been on edge every time a rain drop or snow flake fell....but its an unavoidable part of the process. BTW you basically are building my wifes (and my) perfect house. Ranch type house with a basement area and a wrap around porch.
Yeah the sub floor it heaved at all joints, hopefully it drys out some. At this point if they stopped showing up I could figure out the rest of the subs/project.

And yea, ranch... I hate stairs. If I had them all upstairs crap would just end up piled at the bottom of them.

I guess it's week 21.

Nothing too exciting to take pictures of.
HVAC is done except for the condenser
Rough plumbing is almost done, just need to tie it in to the existing and pop the vents through the roof.
Rough electric is almost done, lines run to panel, just need to be tied in. Need to add a couple more convenience outlets
1000000264.jpg
1000000262.jpg
1000000263.jpg
1000000248.jpg

@Cole its coming along! What happened to the king stud on the right side for the header in the 3rd pic?
There are a few things they need to do to pass inspection. But in this case, it's supposed to end up a 2' 4" pocket door. That's the master bathroom so the doorway won't remain that big. I'm assuming they'll cut the header and finish framing it

Last edited:
@Cole its coming along! What happened to the king stud on the right side for the header in the 3rd pic?
There are a few things they need to do to pass inspection. But in this case, it's supposed to end up a 2' 4" pocket door. That's the master bathroom so the doorway won't remain that big. I'm assuming they'll cut the header and finish framing it

Non-bearing wall too. Still needs a king stud. Would be interested in of they add another jack and king, or cut that header. The three nails near the end are code.

Cripples/trimmer may go underneath to set height and full depth too.

Siding should be wrapped up on M/T...
Passed rough electric, plumbing and fire.
Framing inspection Tuesday, if passed, insulation Wednesday, then hopefully insulation inspection Thursday and then drywall the following week.
1000000329.jpg
1000000328.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom