Hitch bike rack?

I currently have both the Thule XT Pro with 2 bike add on, and Kuat NV 2.0 with 2 bike add on. The newer Thule is easy to tilt even with 4 bikes on it. The Kuat, not so much.

View attachment 93798

That said... both of the racks are monstrous and I've been intrigued by the hanging style racks every time I see some pics. One of the few reasons I havent purchased one yet is because I've also thought about getting a small enclosed trailer to store our (primarily ridden) bikes and then just hook it up to the hitch for family rides.
you can get a front hitch receiver on the front of that truck and you wont have to but a 6 bike rack, 4 up front, 4 in back

@Matt_ you could just say f it and do this.

Crazy-bike-carrying-van.jpg

I currently have both the Thule XT Pro with 2 bike add on, and Kuat NV 2.0 with 2 bike add on. The newer Thule is easy to tilt even with 4 bikes on it. The Kuat, not so much.

View attachment 93798

That said... both of the racks are monstrous and I've been intrigued by the hanging style racks every time I see some pics. One of the few reasons I havent purchased one yet is because I've also thought about getting a small enclosed trailer to store our (primarily ridden) bikes and then just hook it up to the hitch for family rides.

I feel like you need an oversized load sign hanging off the back.

FA56A373-E570-40CC-8683-8EF6990F312F.jpeg

you can get a front hitch receiver on the front of that truck and you wont have to but a 6 bike rack, 4 up front, 4 in back

But the front hitch is where the cooler of beer goes!

Truck seats 8 plus cargo space... 6 bikes on the back, 2 bikes on the roof, cooler off the front.... who wants to hit Raystown Lake??? Just help with gas monies :):):)

But the front hitch is where the cooler of beer goes!

Truck seats 8 plus cargo space... 6 bikes on the back, 2 bikes on the roof, cooler off the front.... who wants to hit Raystown Lake??? Just help with gas monies :):):)
jordon and i were talking about raystown when you posted this.....

jordon and i were talking about raystown when you posted this.....

After I'm finally moved in and settled at the new house, I'm going to need a "reset" and have been itching to get back out there for a ride. I'll even day-trip it

I have seen these being shipped on that drive to Colorado, pic doesn't do justice.

Gamesa used to haul theirs outta Fairless Hills PA. Crazy how long.

Also saw this in an issue of Bicycling. How that hitch adapter doesnt snap is beyond me.

E626921E-1130-4759-B133-5758B727AADB.jpeg

Following up on my post a few weeks ago regarding Thule. They sent me two new trays but they were the wrong ones/size.

This showed up on my doorstep today. Way to go Thule! Totally not expecting a complete rack replacement.

I am REALLY happy with their customer service and support.

IMG_20190501_163407_199.jpg

Following up on my post a few weeks ago regarding Thule. They sent me two new trays but they were the wrong ones/size.

This showed up on my doorstep today. Way to go Thule! Totally not expecting a complete rack replacement.

I am REALLY happy with their customer service and support.

View attachment 94352
Wow and I was impressed with them just sending me a replacement rubber guard for the wheel strap !!

i have the older version of the superclamp 2 bike rack (mine doesn't swivel down to allow for opening the back of the car)

my issues: the bike lock jammed and we had to saw the lock cables off. the clamps that go down on top of the wheels constantly get stuck. the one side arm no longer ratchets.

i purchased the rack in May 2017. they replaced the parts for the lock/cables in july 2018. i've been meaning to message them about the ratcheting issues with the arm (it's been a while).

so i feel the need to update this a bit... i'm still a little annoyed with how some things broke on the rack BUT...

steve ran into one of the Saris reps while he was at a race and he mentioned the issues i've had to the guy... the rep wound up sending a new bottom bar, ratcheting arm and another lock to replace the ones that broke. so that makes me happier because i do like the design of the rack (clamps for both front and back wheels AND straps for both as well) and i didn't want to have to go out and get another rack next year.

Back
Top Bottom