Hit and run in Verona last night

Zaskar

Local MTB'er on a road ride last night was the victim of a hit and run. Luckily there were witnesses and one of them followed the suspects TRUCK, alerted the police and he was arrested.

The rider is in the ICU with multiple back fractures, broken ribs, punctured lung and internal bleeding.

I'd say be safe out there but it doesn't seem to make a fucking difference.

Sounds like a real serious hit. Glad the person was caught but I wish he never hit the rider.

+vibes for a full recovery

:mad:

You hit a vulnerable road user, and there need to be serious repercussions. Not that I think there will be, but how many people need to be hit before state legislature actually does something?

Hope the guy recovers okay, I know how much it sucks.

:mad:

You hit a vulnerable road user, and there need to be serious repercussions. Not that I think there will be, but how many people need to be hit before state legislature actually does something?

Hope the guy recovers okay, I know how much it sucks.
What are the current repercussions?

If the person survives? Depends on the jurisdiction, and what the attorney for the county/state wants to press. Could be a 'slap on the wrist' like drunk driving, reckless driving, etc...infractions that can be paid away. I would love to see being able to pay off points getting canned, but the government will never get rid of such a lucrative revenue stream.

American society, as a whole, is so car-centered that almost everyone believes that driving is a right, not a privilege. As far as I'm concerned, you should need to prove you are a competent driver after hitting someone, not be assumed to be competent.

/rant

Motor vehicle summonses and criminal complaints are merely an accusation. Despite these accusations, the defendants are presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

Motor vehicle summonses and criminal complaints are merely an accusation. Despite these accusations, the defendants are presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

writer/newspaper protecting their *ss.

Back
Top Bottom