Hi, new to the forum and new to MTB. Need your help!

Hi Guys
I recently bought a new bike and just started mtb riding (meaning I am a 'real' beginner)
I know we are close to the end of the season but still want to go for more riding as much as I can. I see there's some arranged group rides going on this weekend but I believe I am quite far away to reach that level yet. Looking for some casual but still challenging riding for a beginner if anyone here is interested? + if anyone has suggestions on good places to go it'd be really helpful. Any help and feedback is welcome. I am here to learn :)
Thanks!
Welcome. A good place for beginners is the Saddle River bike path. I pitch this place every so often as there is not much in Bergen County. There are only a few miles of off road riding but is beginner friendly. Send me a PM if you want a tour.

Welcome. A good place for beginners is the Saddle River bike path. I pitch this place every so often as there is not much in Bergen County. There are only a few miles of off road riding but is beginner friendly. Send me a PM if you want a tour.
This is in my back yard and I typically road bike it. There are some fun and easy mtb trails there though and its a good way to get some easy miles in if you don't feel like driving. Tuesday evenings there's a beginner friendly ride at tourne in boonton and Wednesday there's Lewis morris. Both are great parks to learn on and progress at.

This young lady rode with us Saturday at Six Mile and she is one tough cookie I can personally vouch for that..Not only did she ride the entire 14.7 miles we did on her 2nd time out, she kept getting up and dusting herself off after some decent " incidents" one with a pretty high bridge. Much respect.
My prediction, we will see her by April of 2019 doing races on a $6000 carbon fiber bike.

This young lady rode with us Saturday at Six Mile and she is one tough cookie I can personally vouch for that..Not only did she ride the entire 14.7 miles we did on her 2nd time out, she kept getting up and dusting herself off after some decent " incidents" one with a pretty high bridge. Much respect.
My prediction, we will see her by April of 2019 doing races on a $6000 carbon fiber bike.

Wouldve never been able to make it without thse guys. @Dajerseyrat @jklett Saturday riding was so much fun! Some painful battle wounds but no pain no gain! See you in April 2019 LOL thanks all

Last edited:
Welcome! funny, my tent site was just on the other side of the black vehicle in the far top right of your picture. :)

Im sure you remember this then...

811F5674-857C-413C-AAD1-5CDE39F022AD.jpeg

Wouldve never been able to make it without thse guys. @Dajerseyrat @jklett Saturday riding was so much fun! Some painful battle wounds but no pain no gain! See you in April 2019 LOL thanks all
April?!?! one ride with Jason and you are out until April? Must have been some ride! lol
Hope that's a joke and hope to see you out on the trails!

April i meant the race for a carbon fiber bike LOL no worries that ride didnt scare me enough yet. Im riding this weekend again! :)
Wow... we are talking carbon after 1 ride?!? Looks like we have a keeper here!
I think @qclabrat might be riding Lewis Morris this Sunday. More climbing and maybe slightly more tech than 6MR..... maybe
It might be to your liking and closer than 6MR from where you are

get yourself some elbow and knee pads. Not only will they save your skin but allow you to ride the following weekend.
Do we have our first female OOS member? @Paul H we'll need a ladies version of the jersey!

get yourself some elbow and knee pads. Not only will they save your skin but allow you to ride the following weekend.
Do we have our first female OOS member? @Paul H we'll need a ladies version of the jersey!

she sounds like shes Frank's level of OOS, damn posers are going to make the OOS group look like a GQ magazine

Why does it always have to be pink when it comes to anything with 'women'............
Don't bite the hand that (could potentially) make your jersey young lady!

That is my jersey.... and has Hello Kitty graphics in the back

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom