Hi, new to the forum and new to MTB. Need your help!

MParkGT

Hi Guys
I recently bought a new bike and just started mtb riding (meaning I am a 'real' beginner)
I know we are close to the end of the season but still want to go for more riding as much as I can. I see there's some arranged group rides going on this weekend but I believe I am quite far away to reach that level yet. Looking for some casual but still challenging riding for a beginner if anyone here is interested? + if anyone has suggestions on good places to go it'd be really helpful. Any help and feedback is welcome. I am here to learn :)
Thanks!

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Hello and Welcome!

I'm sure we can put together a beginner friendly ride at an appropriate park. Keep an eye out on the board.

we will need a picture of your bike! cause we like that stuff.

meanwhile, ride the bike -

high mountain isn't too far away, i haven't been there, but you could probably get a tour, and start working on riding there.
for some reason, i don't think it is flat. ;) plenty of videos too.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Welcome! When you see group rides posted up on the boards, they are typically beginner friendly. You may pick up a few new things. Otherwise, keep riding and you'll get more betterer!

+1 on winter riding being awesome. Keep the feet and hands warm, the rest will stay toasty as your body creates tons of heat while riding at a good pace in the woods. Road is a different story.

TNR25

Welcome ! A few friends and I are also new to the sport so if you want to get together with some other newbies shoot me a message we can find somewhere to go I'm sure! Everywhere will be new for us and I know we both want to give it all a try @Godzilla

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
Welcome. As mentioned High mountain is probably your closest park, although it’s fairly technical. The Boy Scout trails in alpine might be about the same distance and a couple steps down on the gnar level.

thegock

ROAD TRIP
Rabble 2151.jpg

ROAD TRIP

ROAD TRIP

Allaire, then Six Mile Run, then Lewis Morris.

Wax on, wax off...

What bike did you get? @MParkGT

MParkGT

Hello and Welcome!

I'm sure we can put together a beginner friendly ride at an appropriate park. Keep an eye out on the board.

we will need a picture of your bike! cause we like that stuff.

meanwhile, ride the bike -

high mountain isn't too far away, i haven't been there, but you could probably get a tour, and start working on riding there.
for some reason, i don't think it is flat. ;) plenty of videos too.

Thanks for the warm welcome! This is the only pic I have.. it's from the NJ MTB festival last weekend. :)

IMG_0720.JPG

qclabrat

What's OOS ride?
Haha, that's us
OOS for out of shape/skill
If you are willing to drive 45-60 mins I'd suggest either, Six Mile, Lewis Morris, or Nassau. There are others like Allaire which are great beginner trails but far for you. If you decide to make the drive, let me know and we'll accommodate one of these for you.

Top Bottom