help out a bike hoarder

qclabrat

2017 will be my year to pare down my list of bikes, I just don't enjoy working on them as much as before and rather ride more in the coming years. Already down to about 20 now from close to 30 two years ago, I'd like to get in the ball park of 8ish. Most are nothing great, some just crap I tend to pick up with intentions to make great again. I don't race, my pace usually old and slow and my bike choices show that. So here's my list of eight to get things rolling.

#1 - Bruce Gordon Rock n' Road, this is the only bike I would keep if I had to sell it all. I ride it infrequently, but it's on my bucket list to do a month long bike ride somewhere and where would we be without our dreams.
WP_20170109_21_41_45_Pro (2).jpg

#2 - OnOne Fatty, a low end fat bike I cobbled together, but I tend to ride it often since there's little which breaks on the bike being all rigid. Flats are the only thing holding it back from getting out of the garage. I'd like to upgrade to a carbon some day, cause this bike's a heavy one and not worth doing much upgrades.
WP_20170109_22_06_48_Pro.jpg

#3 - LenzSport Leviathan, my first foray into FS, its a fairly dated single pivot design and all the shocks could use a rebuild. The frame is light even in today's standards and will get a parts refresh this winter. I'd really like to get a DW spec'd bike to replace this, but its something that won't likely be in the cards this year.
WP_20170109_22_05_57_Pro.jpg

#4 - Dean Duke, it's a 26r, but still really like this bike. Shocks and wheels are good but the 9spd group is shot, going to upgrade parts. It's still a fun bike to ride in parks like 6MR and Nassau.
WP_20170109_21_26_44_Pro.jpg

#5 - MountainCycle Stumptown - this is my go to road/gravel bike. I have this dialed in fairly well and is probably the most comfortable bike I own. XT/Blunt wheels are heavy as hell but have been reliable even at mild trails.
WP_20170109_21_50_16_Pro.jpg

#6 - Airnimal Joey - a folding/packable bike. Had a Bike Friday before this and really prefer the aluminum frame for weight and the 24" wheels compared to 20". Renting bikes overseas is not like here in the US, which is why I keep one of these around.
WP_20170109_21_33_50_Pro.jpg

#7 - A steel road bike - hardest one to pare down. Rarely ride on the road cause it scares the poopy out of me now. Have quite a few to choose from and probably going come down to the one which fits the best. Current front runner is an Ibis Spanky with a carbon fork.
WP_20170109_22_13_27_Pro.jpg

#8 - A plus sized tire HT - I don't own one and think this is what I'm missing besides a nice FS. Something between a FS and a fat bike. 2.8/3.0 tires could be the sweet spot I'm looking for. Sort of a n+1 purchase but who doesn't want a new bike? I may try to pick up one from China during my travels.

Last edited:
What are we helping with? You just picked your 8. But I'll still help you get rid of a rear road wheel.

I would dump them all, get a good FS bike. If you like DW link, then a turner flux would be great. Then get a light weight carbon fat bike with carbon wheels. Ride that everywhere you don't need FS. Snow, beach, gravel, 6MR, Allaire, Hartshorne

keep the Bruce Gordon Rock n' Road and folder. Sell/give me the stumptown (if it is my size), ohh nevermind it fits you so well. Sell the rest, get a fat bike and a 2nd set of wheels for the summer.

I'll also take a old rigid mtn bike that I can convert to a townie.

Thanks

#3 - LenzSport Leviathan, my first foray into FS, its a fairly dated single pivot design and all the shocks could use a rebuild. The frame is light even in today's standards and will get a parts refresh this winter.

Didn't you say the following in April?
I'm going to rebuild the Leviathan, since its seen so little use as of late. My hoses are really done ghetto and looks really crappy. what's the right way to route hoses and cables. Also what are those adhesive guides called? Can't seem to find them.View attachment 34593

What are we helping with? You just picked your 8. But I'll still help you get rid of a rear road wheel.
maybe @soundz can get it to you, he's coming over today for a bike

I was hoping someone would say I need at least ten or twelve bikes....

Last edited:
I would dump them all, get a good FS bike. If you like DW link, then a turner flux would be great. Then get a light weight carbon fat bike with carbon wheels. Ride that everywhere you don't need FS. Snow, beach, gravel, 6MR, Allaire, Hartshorne
ideally that's where I'd to go, but short at least 10k of making that happen at the moment, even after selling them all.

so would the plus HT fill the void till my financial future changes? Along with the others listed that is

keep the Bruce Gordon Rock n' Road and folder. Sell/give me the stumptown (if it is my size), ohh nevermind it fits you so well. Sell the rest, get a fat bike and a 2nd set of wheels for the summer.

I'll also take a old rigid mtn bike that I can convert to a townie.

Thanks
what's your size? Need parts or just a frame? no road bikes? Track bikes?

ideally that's where I'd to go, but short at least 10k of making that happen at the moment, even after selling them all.

so would the plus HT fill the void till my financial future changes? Along with the others listed that is

You could do a + HT that is a fat bike. Fewer bikes but with multiple wheels sets Or just get a Bucksaw or Farley EX, Have one bike that will do it all

I'm always up for (re) expanding. Anything old you want to get rid of?

16-18/52-56, etc...

Worst comes to worst, I can always take them to SLB two at a time :thumbsup:

what's your size? Need parts or just a frame? no road bikes? Track bikes?
I ride a 52 cm or a 17 inch mtn bike. Really looking for a flat bar gravel bike.

I do ride and love a 90s rockhopper, looking for a rigid fork to upgrade to disc brakes and upgraded components.

Or I'd take a ss road bike capable of taking bigger tires.

Wtf are you finding all these bikes?

Back
Top Bottom