help out a bike hoarder

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
You should let your wife know how lucky she is....her husbands hobby is exercise equipment rather than auto racing or yachting. Remind her that she married you as her trophy husband and that you need to keep biking to maintain the proper arm candy status. Ask her why she has to be so selfish...she gets BMWs, all you want is a silly bicycle.

I'm with ya Walt....except for the clandestine purchase every few years.
I can't remember who it was on here that noted, it will be the kid that turns you in....

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
That sounds pretty good. I would like to be a trophy husband too, live like the trophy wives in my town. You know, go to the gym for 2 hours in the morning, spend the rest of the day in my yoga tights and North Face vest. Drive around in my Cayenne, GL Benz, or Escalade, bitch and moan with the rest of the bitzatches about how theres no proper sushi joint or juice bar within easy walking or driving distance. Complain that hubby isn't around enough or doesn't do enough around the house because he/she too busy working. How we have to do EVERYTHING, even though the kids are at school or daycare all day.

The Kalmyk

So in the workplace I admire all the new fashions of my peers and they admire mine. What they have noticed is my get up is a mix and match of 5 pants, 5 shirts, 3 shoes, 2 ties and a plethora of socks. They all go. That decision in the morning is a no brainer.

I couldn't fathom having that many bikes. While the euphoria of new bicycle is like no other it eventually fades to the anxiety of fixing them, keeping them clean and keeping them up to date. I think you are heading in the right direction in 2017.

Limit the useless decision making we have to make throughout our daily lives.

Ian F

Paring down is something I haven't quite got the hang of yet... hence my signature (which doesn't include a few "retired" bikes). Not to mention over 20 guitars and 5 cars.

But the bills get paid, I have no debt and still save quite a bit.

If I have one big problem it's too many projects and hobbies and not enough time. :(

chrisalecia

OK I've read your posts and what is it with mtb'rs and guitars?!! I'm in that group yes....

So I'm a few glasses of wine deep and whole heartedly agree with too many projects and too many hobbies!!!!! What's up with that? Am I not alone? Have I found my people?!!! Lol

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
OK I've read your posts and what is it with mtb'rs and guitars?!! I'm in that group yes....

So I'm a few glasses of wine deep and whole heartedly agree with too many projects and too many hobbies!!!!! What's up with that? Am I not alone? Have I found my people?!!! Lol
I think there are a lot of us here who just can't sit still lol

qclabrat

because my brain is exploding with all this cleanup and choices, decided to just strip all the bikes, clean them nicely and rebuild the 3 mtbs I'm keeping.

Fat bike going to deore clutch setup with matchy hydros, 30NW chainring and 42T Wolftooth combo. thinking to try split tube for tubeless as I'm trying not to spend much on this bike.

FS bike going to X0 clutch with 32 NW and 11-40T rear. Need to also rebuild the front and rear shocks. Anyone worked with a DT rear shock before?

26r going to X9 clutch and 32T chainring with chain guide, 11-36 rear. I'm planned to get the dean dropouts to eventually make this my SS.

now time to clean frames in garage first

WP_20170114_09_59_20_Pro.jpg

viper8315

thanks for the quick ship and freebies. I feel so up to date now with 10spd clutch...

You're very welcome. I still have that other derailleur if you want another 10 speed clutch. ;)

Take some pics of the buildup, always interesting to see...

Last edited:

qclabrat

back to 2017 goals, unfortunately n+1 got to me already, but I did manage to strip two bikes for part out or donations
Bianchi Limited with Tange Superset2 and Bob Jackson Lugano with Reynolds 653. Where's a good place to sell old parts?

WP_20170315_16_18_29_Pro.jpg

WP_20170315_16_18_11_Pro.jpg

Top Bottom