Hartshorne/Huber Conditions

Well the rocks that someone put there are a nice touch. Nothing like slippery, wet rocks in slick mud to fall on and split your head open..

Well the rocks that someone put there are a nice touch. Nothing like slippery, wet rocks in slick mud to fall on and split your head open..
I guess you’ve never been to Jungle or to any North Jersey trails.. you’ve got the perfect bike for it.

I don’t know, was on a Black/Green bike (like in my photo). I rode from 9 ish to 10:30 ish. My wife was with me the first 2/3 then she hung out while I finished the other side where the wet bridge is.

Everthing today was primo except for the swamp after the bridge on rocky point. That’s worse than ever!!!
I also noticed a lot of rouge trails throughout the park.
We need to permanently shut down the shortcut on the entrance to rocky point where it crosses the road after climbing out of grand tour. I’ve blocked it myself several times but the red bull crowd keeps opening it up.

Everthing today was primo except for the swamp after the bridge on rocky point. That’s worse than ever!!!
I also noticed a lot of rouge trails throughout the park.
We need to permanently shut down the shortcut on the entrance to rocky point where it crosses the road after climbing out of grand tour. I’ve blocked it myself several times but the red bull crowd keeps opening it up.

I have noticed that there seems to be a new rogue trail every time I ride, lately. I don't know who is doing that either but maybe it's linked to all the log-over's being removed? I could definitely be wrong but I don't think it's the "Red Bull" crowd.

I have noticed that there seems to be a new rogue trail every time I ride, lately. I don't know who is doing that either but maybe it's linked to all the log-over's being removed? I could definitely be wrong but I don't think it's the "Red Bull" crowd.

This kind of crap has to stop, or we WILL get kicked out of the park... It's easy to ignore a couple of cuts in the side of the trail, but blatant trails and jumps are an issue.

IMO, if you know who is doing it, report it.

This kind of crap has to stop, or we WILL get kicked out of the park... It's easy to ignore a couple of cuts in the side of the trail, but blatant trails and jumps are an issue.

IMO, if you know who is doing it, report it.
I agree with you 100% but I have no idea who is doing it. I kind of assumed the "Chainsaw Guy" was still up to his antics. I haven't personally seen him out there in a few months now but this stuff keeps happening.

I agree with you 100% but I have no idea who is doing it. I kind of assumed the "Chainsaw Guy" was still up to his antics. I haven't personally seen him out there in a few months now but this stuff keeps happening.
I've heard rumors of who's doing some of it. Not Chainsaw Guy this time. He's been shut down after getting a call from the authorities. The attitudes of fellow riders are all over the place and full of justifications and contradictions, but rarely an ounce of self reflection or willingness to pitch in to help. People bitch about the Park not doing anything, but when they do (like blocking off rogue trails), they bitch about that, too. Actually, the park managers do more than you think. A random mention of a new downed tree usually results in it getting removed pretty quickly. How does that happen? (Hint: it's not volunteers.) The head ranger (Ryan) is a good dude and is known to monitor this forum. We're our own worst enemies here.

Also maybe, someone who actually has time to meet with the trail people in person can say something (I'll e-mail the parks dept...), but if there is an official re-route, can we get a sign pointing that direction? There's one spot clockwise from the RP lot that I'm fairly sure was a go-around that just got incorporated, and one not far from it after the bridge that looks like an official close off. A few months ago, you had no idea which was which...

I've heard rumors of who's doing some of it. Not Chainsaw Guy this time. He's been shut down after getting a call from the authorities. The attitudes of fellow riders are all over the place and full of justifications and contradictions, but rarely an ounce of self reflection or willingness to pitch in to help. People bitch about the Park not doing anything, but when they do (like blocking off rogue trails), they bitch about that, too. Actually, the park managers do more than you think. A random mention of a new downed tree usually results in it getting removed pretty quickly. How does that happen? (Hint: it's not volunteers.) The head ranger (Ryan) is a good dude and is known to monitor this forum. We're our own worst enemies here.

Thanks for posting this. Maybe I take the whole "Red Bull" or "Enduro Bro" comments too personally. I'll admit that I don't wear spandex and I have a bike with way more travel than I need so that stuff seems like it's aimed in my direction. I'll also say that I am confident I am more courteous towards other trail users and more of a steward of the land/trails than a lot of the PR/KOM chasing "Stravassholes" out there. I only say that because I see it first hand... a lot. Anyway, that isn't the point and I'm not trying to start a war.

PM me if you have an idea of who is doing the rogue trail work and I'll keep an eye out. I ride Harts 3+ times a week when conditions allow.

Also maybe, someone who actually has time to meet with the trail people in person can say something (I'll e-mail the parks dept...), but if there is an official re-route, can we get a sign pointing that direction? There's one spot clockwise from the RP lot that I'm fairly sure was a go-around that just got incorporated, and one not far from it after the bridge that looks like an official close off. A few months ago, you had no idea which was which...

I work 3 minutes away from Hartshorne and ride several times a week. I am more than willing to meet with park staff/rangers to act as a liaison. If I can fulfill a need I am more than happy to do so.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions