Hartshorne/Huber Conditions

@Flaubert, I did not notice a tree down on Cuesta but I took that fire road toward the upper lot after climbing up Grand Tour. Why u riding fire roads?:)
There are some trees down on Grand Tour, however there is already a go around on one and someone built up a log over on the other, both of which work.

@Flaubert, I did not notice a tree down on Cuesta but I took that fire road toward the upper lot after climbing up Grand Tour. Why u riding fire roads?:)
There are some trees down on Grand Tour, however there is already a go around on one and someone built up a log over on the other, both of which work.
sounds like it has been removed then.... large waist high tree across the fireroad.

Argh... somebody yanked out the flat rock at the bottom of the short rocky climb near the beginning of Rocky Point (entering from the Grand Tour end), where you'd need to do a little hop up to get over it. I noticed last week that it looked like somebody had tried but didn't succeed... the dirt around/under it was loose, but it didn't appear to be erosion. Somebody must have finished the job, since it was moved off to the side of the trail yesterday. Why don't people just learn to ride better instead of removing obstacles?

Last edited:
anyone ride today? I see a lot of people riding allaire. Im off tmw and would really like to ride.
Feedback from Allaire was that it was a quagmire. Not advisable. Perhaps Harts is better and I'd like to hear from others as well if riding is possible since Harts usually drains fairly well.

Rode monday. Minus a couple soft spots from claypit to harts. It was perfect. No mud. My bike is still clean.

Rode allaire while frozen. Can see ruts and mess it left from day before. Probably sloppy now with rain. Harts was OK until it thawed but now probably a mess also with rain.

Anyone ride Harts lately? Would like to go Friday morning.
Considering the snow melted today, the ground is highly saturated. The conditions Friday may change with the upcoming weather however it's probably going to be a slop fest as any central nj trails system.

Considering the snow melted today, the ground is highly saturated. The conditions Friday may change with the upcoming weather however it's probably going to be a slop fest as any central nj trails system.

Agree. safe to assume they will only be rideable when frozen. After thaw = slop.

Rode there last night, trails are absolutely mint right now. The low areas that retain water are off course a little slick, but should be better today baking in the sun

Rode today 10 am. Perfect conditions. Super tacky. Only low sides like you said are soft but that's like1 of everything I rode.

Is it good only early morning or is it fine later in the day at 2-3pm as well?

Trying to decide which is the best option, if any, later in the day between Harts or Lewis Morris.

It was a bit slick yesterday, esp on Rocky Point to the water. The freeze this morning probably made trails okay until the temp hit above freezing. Hopefully though it dried out since yesterday.

Is it good only early morning or is it fine later in the day at 2-3pm as well?

Trying to decide which is the best option, if any, later in the day between Harts or Lewis Morris.
itll be mixed at that time, as some spots don't get to see sunlight. I would say hit it!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions