Halter's Cycles -- (31/31) 2018 Edition .. RIDE 1hr a day, EVERY DAY for the month of July.. Win $100!!

Day 16 I was in NJ for 12 hrs so I did a recovery ride with my two favorite girls.

Attachments

• E4D751EA-EBAE-4993-AFB1-FC3D0FA25FAB.jpeg
    E4D751EA-EBAE-4993-AFB1-FC3D0FA25FAB.jpeg
    122.9 KB · Views: 264
  • DF345D37-895B-43A8-8F4D-BA40DC8BF7CB.jpeg
    DF345D37-895B-43A8-8F4D-BA40DC8BF7CB.jpeg
    59.4 KB · Views: 281
Alrighty then. 17/31 is complete after two attempts. I work 5 minutes from Hartshorne/Huber so the first attempt was Harts. Accuweather indicated I had 86 minutes until rain would start and the radar seemed to agree. Well, that didn't stop one hell of a storm from forming right on top of me once I got about 15 minutes out. I would have toughed it out had it just been rain but there was some pretty intense lightning and I am pretty sure I heard the crack and crash of at least part of tree falling not too far away so I headed back to the truck. I went home and finished up the last 20 minutes in the hood on the hardtail.
20180717_192501157_iOS.jpg

20180717_212650000_iOS.png

20180717_231021000_iOS.png

Day #17, hanging in. I remember last time I did this I was exhausted every morning, but so far it's been much better. I think having a 1 yr old has forced me to think about getting proper sleep. I have been making a concerted effort to get at least 6 hours a night, 7 when possible, so I think that's been a big help here.

That being said, this morning was a chore to get out there. Mt work disaster has been averted for now, so yesterday was a fairly normal day time-wise, so it didn't re-arrange my ride schedule the way I had feared.

Get back 'fore that rooster crow. Number 17

No exciting pics, I was trying to get a good shot of my new road light, Outbound Focal Series Road Edition. Been impressed so far, I need to update this thread with my observations.

View attachment 72855

thumbs up for light. nice.

In an effort to eliminate any potential for an early exit, we rode before I left for work this morning. A little over 1 hour in the neighborhood and at the local park.

PS... The local park is weird at this time of day. Lots of "walkers" and dogs minus leashes out on the paths. Also, what kind of person lets their large dog lay on top of the table part of a picnic table? Do they let them do that at home??

https://www.strava.com/activities/1710950081
I rode the new "unknown trail" from my house into Wawayanda and over to Banker trail.
Then down Cherry Ridge to the road and downtown to pick up my car at the shop.
But before the shop I headed into the woods in a new park, it used to be called Sand Cap,
I forget the new name. It is a LOT of trails running up along Greenwood lake. Great exploring.

the new trail
banker_heather12.jpg

sand cap
sandcapnew03.jpg

sandcapnew04.jpg

Image1.jpg

Last edited:
Cool shots Pete! So....That bridge looks awfully narrow... but it’s hard to tell scale from a photo. Do the handlebars fit between the rails, over the rails or do ya have to walk the bike over on its back wheel?

Cool shots Pete! So....That bridge looks awfully narrow... but it’s hard to tell scale from a photo. Do the handlebars fit between the rails, over the rails or do ya have to walk the bike over on its back wheel?
I actually didn't try that bridge, because the trail went straight. Over the bridge is another option for a future ride.
I think it might go up the mountain and today I rode along the length of the mountain. I think the bike will fit though
because the bridge looks just like the Longpond Ironworks bridge which I can get over.

Back
Top Bottom