Halter's Cycles -- (31/31) 2018 Edition .. RIDE 1hr a day, EVERY DAY for the month of July.. Win $100!!

Day #16 - Recovery Commute after driving back from Boston, working 10 hours, and having a pedal fall off. No excuses.

Screenshot_20180716-213439_Strava.jpg
IMG_20180716_212634_866.jpg

Still in! Day 16... 1:05 around the neighborhood and through Duke Island Park. We got chased out at by the rangers at dark. Took the bicycle path out along the river through frog-pocalypse! So many of them hopping around! It was too dark to grabs pics.

Day #17, hanging in. I remember last time I did this I was exhausted every morning, but so far it's been much better. I think having a 1 yr old has forced me to think about getting proper sleep. I have been making a concerted effort to get at least 6 hours a night, 7 when possible, so I think that's been a big help here.

That being said, this morning was a chore to get out there. Mt work disaster has been averted for now, so yesterday was a fairly normal day time-wise, so it didn't re-arrange my ride schedule the way I had feared.

Get back 'fore that rooster crow. Number 17

No exciting pics, I was trying to get a good shot of my new road light, Outbound Focal Series Road Edition. Been impressed so far, I need to update this thread with my observations.

IMG_20180717_044524.jpg

HTF does this happen? iv destroyed bearings and retention clips/mechanisms before, but never had a pedal come OFF the spindle on its own

I had an XTR pedal come off in the middle of a tech climb.... spindle sliced my calf up pretty good. Service those pedals..... that’s what I learned.

Day #17, hanging in. I remember last time I did this I was exhausted every morning, but so far it's been much better. I think having a 1 yr old has forced me to think about getting proper sleep. I have been making a concerted effort to get at least 6 hours a night, 7 when possible, so I think that's been a big help here.

That being said, this morning was a chore to get out there. Mt work disaster has been averted for now, so yesterday was a fairly normal day time-wise, so it didn't re-arrange my ride schedule the way I had feared.

Get back 'fore that rooster crow. Number 17

No exciting pics, I was trying to get a good shot of my new road light, Outbound Focal Series Road Edition. Been impressed so far, I need to update this thread with my observations.

View attachment 72855

Definitely post up about the new light. With all this off hour riding, I think I might have caught @rick81721’s light obsession.

I have a Nightrider Lumina 700, which has been very good for these morning road rides. The low setting is plenty to see by and I've gotten at least 4 hrs of run time before I get chicken and put it on the charger.

Back
Top Bottom