Generic Pro Road Cycling Thread

it seemed like kind of a given that he was going to win. with the way the new "unified" record works he was competing against drop bar bikes with spoked wheels on an aero tt bike with disk wheels.

i don't mean to say that what he did is anything less than incredible, but everyone seemed to know he was going to beat it.

whats interesting is what will come next. i'm hoping this ushers in a next round of competition for the hour. with the tt bike on the table, wiggens and other track pro's or time trialists will hopefully give it a try and we should see some pretty serious competition.

also, i am a huge Jens fan, and its really cool to see him end a career like this with his name in the record books next to Merckx

"SHUT UP LEGS!"

Nearly perfect negative splits. How very German. Really well done effort but somebody will smash this soon methinks.

Jen has opened a door. Hopefully now the hour is seen as a modern event that riders, and more importantly bike companies, will care about. What's in it for Big S, Trek, Cannondale, Cervelo, et al. if you can't use it to sell new aero bikes?

Not that it isn't an amazing feat but Jens was was less than 3% faster than Sosenka who was on a very traditional drop bar bike with 32-spoke wheels.

ugh - i gotta do some more research rather than single sourcing stuff...

thanks for the link!

Cobbles, so hot right now. Cobbles. I am excite. Watched 2014 Flanders again last week on the trainer...such a great 4-up sprint finish.

Omloop and KBK...demi-classics. Amuse-bouches.

The crossisboss in me would love to see Stybar get a chance at glory but not a chance with Boonen, Terpstra and others wearing the same onsies.

Yes but stybar will have his day soon I thinks. I would like to see Cav win KBK as he seems on form and it would set him up to try for another Milan San Remo

Apparently Cookson and the reformers (sounds like a cover band) are just the visible part of the UCI. There's a four person committee that deals specifically with licensing. They're the ones that ok'd Astana this year, pending review of the new Italian case. Apparently 17 of Astana's pros (or continental, or development? ) are involved in that.
Gotta feel fer His Nibs, but signing w/Vinokourov was stone stupid. It'll be a while before this goes to CAS, so the question now is do they get invited, wild card or otherwise, to the big races?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom