Generic Pro Road Cycling Thread

I'd pay more attention if they showed these on TV. FiOS doesn't include Universal Sports which has been showing a bunch of cycling. Tour of California was on NBC Sports so I caught a few stages of that.

Its not terribly interesting to just read stage recaps.

I usually watch the race recaps videos that are post on steephill and various places, tuen into twitter and watch the lives feeds if I am at work (the last few KM). You can add universal sports on FIOS for $10, but I have not found the need to do so with the availability of race coverage on the inter web.

1speed, I agree you race until you are told not too. Those tight switch backs in the pics are at the top as the other pics in that group were from a single vantage point near / at the top.
Here is why I will ride this some day:
modp_0912_01_o%2Bstelvio_pass_hockenheim_nurburgring_ultimate_road_trip%2Bstelvio_pass.jpg

Yeah, I wouldn't mind riding that, but to be honest I'd rather ride UP it. As much as it would hurt, it'd be just awesome to be able to look back down on what you just climbed like that. There aren't many places you can do that here in the east.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind riding that, but to be honest I'd rather ride UP it. As much as it would hurt, it'd be just awesome to be able to look back down on what you just climbed like that. There aren't many places you can do that here in the east.

Certainly, I mean to ride up it. There is not a single place like that on the east coast and barely anywhere in North America considering the elevation. Mount Washington comes to mind minus the switchbacks. Riding down some of the other alpine climbs would be better due to the lack of switchbacks.

Certainly, I mean to ride up it. There is not a single place like that on the east coast and barely anywhere in North America considering the elevation. Mount Washington comes to mind minus the switchbacks. Riding down some of the other alpine climbs would be better due to the lack of switchbacks.

Not exactly north america but Haleakala is close.

Man, does froome look good, I mean, he looks weird as hell and an alien and that 130 RPM cadence looks alittle strange, but he was trying to blow shit up yesterday. One good thing is that at least he attacks and doesnt just ride wheels.

His arms are four feet long.

Alberto hung right in and looks in much better form.

Richie Port...what happened there? Lots of Sky controversy.

Where's that pic from, Kev? The 5/28 one up there with the switchy-back thingys all over? Zion road, right?

i can't find what the bike set up was - i know it was a fixed track bike. any idea of what the gear ratio was to move that fast?

it's seriously amazing. just put himself in pain.

Back
Top Bottom