Garmin 530

Base model should come with an out-front mount and two rubber-band mounts, but nothing else. IE, if you want cadence/calculated speed, or heart rate, you'll need to buy some stuff.

GPS speed is somewhat sketchy under tree cover, so keep that in mind.
Which is more secure? The bands or the mount? Which do you use on the trail?

And the drama goes on to another day! lol
Well... my wife just told me she would buy the Garmin for me as my b-day present just an hr ago.
Was going go tonight but when I checked Rei site, it said it won't be in stock until tomorrow.... or I think thats what it was saying.
So... will have to wait.

I've used out front and bar mount. Both were super secure with my Kmart 520.

Well... my wife just told me she would buy the Garmin for me as my b-day present just an hr ago.
Was going go tonight but when I checked Rei site, it said it won't be in stock until tomorrow.... or I think thats what it was saying.
So... will have to wait.
You are our very own Sonny Corinthos, gotta love it.o_O

I just go my Garmin 530 thru BlueCross at 35% off.

Garmin - Up to 35% Off S | Blue365 Deals

https://www.blue365deals.com/HorizonBCBS/offers/garmin-30-s

The unit replaced my 520. Works great bigger screen full maps and a bunch of other nice features.

Thank you for posting this. I joined today and ordered my 530 with the discount! They’ve got some killer deals on there. I am getting ready to buy new glasses and it looks like I’ll be seeing some savings there too. (See what I did there...?)

Some tips to using the 530 with Courses.

I use my 520 and now 530 with Courses. I create the Course from my past rides, pulled off Strava or some other source. I only ride MTB, no road.

Since using the 530, I have turned off the following functions because they will Drive you crazy:
  • Auto Zoom, I just like to set a zoom level manually . Also I have heard that some people have experience that the 530 unit will zoom way out to unusable level (software problem).
  • Make a U-Turn
  • Auto Route Recalculation
The above functions get activated if you go off Course or the unit loses GPS signal briefly (which it will in the woods). It will say off Course and start recalculating the route and say Make A U-Turn. With it off it will just say Off Course and you can just look at the map and get yourself back on course. If it lost the signal it will just clear it self when it picks it back up.

I have not use the Navigation auto routing.

Also when you start a Course do not have the unit guide you to the start of the Course. It will ask you (unless your right at the exact start of the Course). Just say “no” an know where the beginning is. If not it may send you on a wild goose chase.

Back
Top Bottom