Frozen water main - suggestions?

Meh. Heading to Town Hall to get our emergency repair permits sorted. Work was supposed to start today, but the contractor's having problems. Seems it's very cold and things keep freezing all over the place :) Tomorrow is go-time. Ish.
Right now we've got a hose running from our next door neighbors place, which is fab. Almost like everything is working! Except that it ain't.
The insurance adjustor is coming out tomorrow as well. Not sure if this is covered, esp. as, barring digging the whole thing up, there's no way of knowing what's going on under that 140' of frozen tundra.

Meh. Heading to Town Hall to get our emergency repair permits sorted. Work was supposed to start today, but the contractor's having problems. Seems it's very cold and things keep freezing all over the place :) Tomorrow is go-time. Ish.
Right now we've got a hose running from our next door neighbors place, which is fab. Almost like everything is working! Except that it ain't.
The insurance adjustor is coming out tomorrow as well. Not sure if this is covered, esp. as, barring digging the whole thing up, there's no way of knowing what's going on under that 140' of frozen tundra.

At least it's all headed in the right direction. Hopefully insurance can do something.

they, those guys are a big bag of fucktards with plumbing wrenches. we had a near miss with them as well. fucking shit bags.

After we had a toilet back-up, they told us our sewer main needed to be replaced. "$20000 and they could start immediately." They would even deduct the $200 we paid already! The next guy who came to give and estimate said "I'll do it for $14k without even checking to see what was wrong.

Final estimate came from our (new plumber for life) who said it was all BS. There is nothing wrong except that our low flow toilet was a piece of crap, one of the worst ones out there. Replaced the toiled for a few hundred dollars and haven't had a problem in years.

After we had a toilet back-up, they told us our sewer main needed to be replaced. "$20000 and they could start immediately." They would even deduct the $200 we paid already! The next guy who came to give and estimate said "I'll do it for $14k without even checking to see what was wrong.

Final estimate came from our (new plumber for life) who said it was all BS. There is nothing wrong except that our low flow toilet was a piece of crap, one of the worst ones out there. Replaced the toiled for a few hundred dollars and haven't had a problem in years.
mornin-shitters-full-~ss-20964315.png

I had a neighbor that worked for AJ Perri. He was hired with no prior plumbing experience. In 3 months had his own company truck.
This ass clown could not fix a ham sandwich. He told lots of horror stories of his fuck ups. He was under pressure to over sell every job.

Hope they marked your gas line too.....
Gas has been marked. Happily veddy fahr from what's going on right now. The water line has been consistently at 12 to 16 inches along the 15' that's been dug out so far. Really fine work done by whoever did it back in the day. I'm sure AJ Perri's involved somehow :)

Wow, a two trac-ho job.
Did they hit any bedrock yet or is digging not too bad?
I wonder if previous owner had a well and had to hook up to city water before he moved out? Who runs a water line 12-16" deep??? Did he live there year round?

The last owner was a shitheel who beat the hell out of the place and raised pit bulls. Half of our mail on some days is debt collection and legal stuff for them.
The pipe they're pulling out is 50 year old 3/4" galvanized. This house has been nickled and dimed for a long time. We're the lucky chumps who got to be there when the vig came do.

i don't know why they didn't use a trencher - guess you still need to dig out enough room to work on the meter side, but geez... that is alot of machine.

they staying low, or following the old route?

Back
Top Bottom