East Coast YSC Tour De Pink: 100% NJ

Bump! Check out Kev's post above ^^^^^^. Swing by Knapps tomorrow for a ride and some boob saving festivities.

As soon as I get some time to sit down i'm going to try and organize a few group rides to get ready for the century. Maybe a few weekends of 30-50 mile road rides and build up to 80-100 miles.

We'll see how this pans out...

Bump! Check out Kev's post above ^^^^^^. Swing by Knapps tomorrow for a ride and some boob saving festivities.

As soon as I get some time to sit down i'm going to try and organize a few group rides to get ready for the century. Maybe a few weekends of 30-50 mile road rides and build up to 80-100 miles.

We'll see how this pans out...

So I'm just thinking out loud here but there are 7 weekends between August and the tour so I'm thinking of a schedule like this:

• 8/6 20ish miles flat
  • 8/14 30-35 miles some hills
  • 8/20 40 miles flat
  • 8/27 40 miles flat
  • 9/3 60 miles hills (Hightstown to New Hope)
  • 9/10 80 miles ???
  • 9/17 30-35 miles some hills
  • 9/24 TDP
These will all be social paced ride about a 13-16 mph average (could be faster depending on the group). These dates aren't definite as I'm not sure of all my plans for those weekends. I will probably shift some of these rides to Sunday of that weekend as needed. I'm also open to doing some rides during the week after work. Those might need to be a little more spirited to beat the dark.

I'm really only familiar with the roads around where I live so these will all be based out of either Princeton (Griggstown Causeway off of Canal Rd) or Village Park in Cranbury. For anyone that participated in Wobbegongs road ride series last year this will be identical to that.

For the 80 mile day i'd like to try and ride from near the* Assunpink wildlife management area to the Hartshorne woods area and back but I've never done it and don't have a gps course for that yet, I know a few people on the boards have done it so i'll have to talk to them.

* I don't know what the parking is like there so we could leave from Hightstown which would add about 10 miles. It will probably turn into a century...

Thoughts?

So I'm just thinking out loud here but there are 7 weekends between August and the tour so I'm thinking of a schedule like this:

• 8/6 20ish miles flat
  • 8/20 40 miles flat
  • 8/27 40 miles flat
  • 9/10 80 miles ???
  • 9/24 TDP
These will all be social paced ride about a 13-16 mph average (could be faster depending on the group). These dates aren't definite as I'm not sure of all my plans for those weekends. I will probably shift some of these rides to Sunday of that weekend as needed. I'm also open to doing some rides during the week after work. Those might need to be a little more spirited to beat the dark.

I'm really only familiar with the roads around where I live so these will all be based out of either Princeton (Griggstown Causeway off of Canal Rd) or Village Park in Cranbury. For anyone that participated in Wobbegongs road ride series last year this will be identical to that.

For the 80 mile day i'd like to try and ride from near the* Assunpink wildlife management area to the Hartshorne woods area and back but I've never done it and don't have a gps course for that yet, I know a few people on the boards have done it so i'll have to talk to them.

* I don't know what the parking is like there so we could leave from Hightstown which would add about 10 miles. It will probably turn into a century...

Thoughts?

I would like to make it out to as many of these rides as possible.

So apprently the route has been up here all along, but I was unable to find it on the website, so the TDP lead (who I met at Knapps last week) in NYC sent me the link.

Main Route Page with some Videos

Century Route

Metric Century

The route is a good one. There are a few short punchy climbs, but pretty tame otherwise. This is the area I ride all the time and don't discount the constant up and down. The century route turns around right near Ulherstown Rd, so I think I will climb that just for fun since I seem too never get up that far. Should be a good time. People who are the fence should sign up now and lets get some more people signed up!

• 8/6 20ish miles flat
  • 8/20 40 miles flat
  • 8/27 40 miles flat
  • 9/10 80 miles ???
  • 9/24 TDP

Scrapping the 8/6 ride. I'll post something up during the week though.

kev I'd like to do the 1 day century. Not sure if you still need people for a team that I saw something about a few pages ago but if u need me I'd be happy to ride with you. In fact in a bizarre twist I may have just sold my infamous riding lawnmower for $200 and I plan to use that to contribute. Let me know what u need me to do.

kev I'd like to do the 1 day century. Not sure if you still need people for a team that I saw something about a few pages ago but if u need me I'd be happy to ride with you. In fact in a bizarre twist I may have just sold my infamous riding lawnmower for $200 and I plan to use that to contribute. Let me know what u need me to do.

I didn't start a team yet, but it can still be done. Either way the money all goes to same place. Glad to hear you are interested in riding!

OK. 6 weeks away, some of the people on the fence should sign it. It is a great event and with the chainstretcher being moved, you have no excuse!

Bill and Lisa et al,
Pat and I are riding a hilly century in Sept. and may be interested in doing some of your training rides if you and the group don't mind 2 old people on a tandem.
Ed and Pat Gifford
the Snot Rocket tandem
and
Co- Mo Java for the road

If the weather and our schedule ever cooperate then sure! The last two weekends didn't work out for a ride :(. The weather the rest of the week doesn't look happy. This Sunday is looking like our best bet at this point but it's still a ways away... We shall see. I'll post up as we get closer.

We have a flat to rolling 40+/- miler cue sheeted ride from Clayton Park we would be happy to share if its ever needed. I will check back for the weekend.
Thanks
Ed and Pat

kev should I just sign up solo or was I supposed to be waiting on you for info for the group thing? Either way is fine and I am def planning on doing it. Also trying to get some of these northern people to join as well.

Side note: Is there stuff to do around there or some kind of distraction for my wife and kids if they come down with me while I do the ride?

Not too many people seemed interested in the team thing (at least have not said so otehr than Bill and Lisa), but I am still game for that. If you sign up solo and we do a team, I can have you moved over.

There are things to do in the princeton area. They could chill around the town / university area, but that may get boring for the kiddies. If so, this is about a 5 - 10 min drive from princeton:

Terhune Orchards starts it fall fastival thing on that Saturday
http://www.terhuneorchards.com/eventpage_fallfamilyfun.html

Oh yeah, Lou team. Someone tell me a team name and I will start it. I wanted Pink-A-Gyle, but that doesn't make sense without the Halter's pink kits. So....suggestions?

Next year dude. Those kits look awesome, I can't wait for next years ride.

Back
Top Bottom