Dropper Post Compatible Seat Bag

bucknejo

As the title reads, I'm looking for one of these things. My rides are getting shorter and I'm taking less stuff with me so i'm not looking to haul a lot ...

I've found something from Wolftooth: https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/collections/b-rad-products/products/b-rad-roll-top-bag

maybe this: https://www.evocsports.com/products/accessories/saddle-bag-race

i guess i'm just really looking for one of these bags that doesn't wrap around the seat post for stability. Any/all feedback is welcome

Wolftooth for the win. If your not a racer, then the straps are the way to go for racers

I have a newer bontrager on mine ,seams to be working well .The strap that wraps around to post is rubber with with a plastic hook .I leave it lose and it seams to be fine ,holds the bag ,doesn't interfere with the dropper action and has not scuffed to post at all

Just for shits&giggles...

Where is the best, better, OK, and not so good place/area to carry the gear?

I'm of the mindset of in the camelback. Water, tools, spare whatever.

For me it makes sense. Why add all that, to the bike? makes the bike heavy, less weight to schlep over the log pile.

Or load the bike frame with it.? Two water bottles, a fatty tube, chain tool/ multi tool, cell phone, it's all got to be there, just where is best?

Less is more, but where ?

i carry it all in my camel bak now, it also means that whichever bike im on i just grab the bag and i know i have everything, no swapping between bikes or forgetting stuff.

Speedsleev ranger on 2 bikes, 1 with dropper. Just tube, levers, CO2 and inflation chuck. Could probably put mini tool in there, but just put that in jersey pocket.

Last edited:
Just for shits&giggles...

Where is the best, better, OK, and not so good place/area to carry the gear?

I'm of the mindset of in the camelback. Water, tools, spare whatever.

For me it makes sense. Why add all that, to the bike? makes the bike heavy, less weight to schlep over the log pile.

Or load the bike frame with it.? Two water bottles, a fatty tube, chain tool/ multi tool, cell phone, it's all got to be there, just where is best?

Less is more, but where ?

I've been running the Specialized Swat stuff for years. Everything is built into the bike so you bring nothing. I prefer it to having anything on my back, I hate riding with a pack. My new bike has a storage compartment in the downtube for tube and pump.

First thing anyone asks about the bike..."how much does it weigh"

They don't ask about rider weight all kitted up.

so where is the weight best carried?
It doesn’t matter, it all the same in the end. Standard answer for how much the bike weighs is 21 lbs and let them figure out how your 6” bike weighs so little.

First thing anyone asks about the bike..."how much does it weigh"

They don't ask about rider weight all kitted up.

so where is the weight best carried?

IMO, too much weight (ha) placed on this.

People ask, and I shrug and say I don't know. I can deadlift 200, so the bike is somewhere between nothing and 200.

Though if you want to get technical, weight low down>weight high up.

Backcountry Research Race Strap

Looks like it may do the trick for your needs.

this is the only answer; i've lost multiple tools/tubes due to saddle bags unzipping mid descent. never lost anything with one of these straps. i have one on my road bike and one on the mtb, i could easily fit a small multi tool in as well. use with my thomson dropper and its good to go.

this was the only photo i could find with the strap and dropper lol
screen-shot-2018-04-24-at-9-56-56-pm.png

Back
Top Bottom