D&L Fat Epic 200/400k February 11th, 2017

I think you might need to expand the field size after this gets out there.

Dan-

Possibly for next year. We were concerned with having enough parking spaces for everyone but that ended up being a non-issue. Next year this should be huge(er). I think officially this was the biggest Fat Endurance race in the US.

I hear tale that Jesse is working on something for February, so let's all be sure to get out there for that and keep the ball rolling!!

-Jim.

Awesome event Jim! Congratulations to you and the crew at Hilltop Bicycles!

Great video production too!

HbW

Dan,

That was Susan from HbW @ mile 30. :D:D:D

Thanks to Sommerville for stopping on the ride and installing the wind panels, otherwise she would have frozen to death. And thanks to Gabe at that checkpoint for setting it up, manning the entire afternoon and negotiating with the Park gendarme while packing up.

Jim,

Thank you for putting this on. I know a lot of work went into it, but I think everyone will agree, it was a totally cool event. From the course to the trophies to the really well done registration.... A heartfelt "Well Done".

But most of all, "Thank You" to the volunteers! Could not ask for a nicer bunch, especially the sweet lady at the 30 mile mark (for us 100k folks).

Oh, and that drone was slick!

Dan-

Edited: I almost forgot, I've been to a lot of events and have the tee shirts, pint glasses and water bottles to prove it, but a bike packing tent!!!! THAT is Epic!

Money shot

The definitive video/photos would have been the escape of four riding over a 88 foot long spillway four miles from the finish that was covered with 3-4 inches of flowing water. It was epic on the way north, but the winning break must have obliterated it.:drooling:

Someone said that there was a photographer there, but no video has turned up yet.

The definitive video/photos would have been the escape of four riding over a 88 foot long spillway four miles from the finish that was covered with 3-4 inches of flowing water. It was epic on the way north, but the winning break must have obliterated it.:drooling:

Someone said that there was a photographer there, but no video has turned up yet.

10390420_360109224113949_6544507822847469335_n.jpg

-Jim.

This race lived up to its name. It's easily up there with the hardest/stupidest things I've ever done. Plus the pace was brutal. Next year will be even better I'm sure.
Thanks Haas.

Tuscobia

8th place beard finisher :D and D&L race director, Jim V, is done with 80 miles and lst reported in 2nd place at Tuscobia. Temperature is 12 degrees and the 25mph wind is now at his back as he is in the second half of the 150 mile Ultra.

I should add, not being a "sports" guy, now I know what it would be like to have your "team" win, especially after several hundred pages of his training thread.

Back
Top Bottom