cycling: baggy or tight?

cycling: baggy or tight?

• baggy

Votes: 54 50.0%
  • tight

Votes: 54 50.0%

• Total voters
Road riding, and general trail riding = Baggy shorts, jersey on top. I drop the baggy shorts for races though

baggy on the trails, tights on the road...check the rules:hmmm:

After wearing tights for a few years, I tried a nice pair of fox shorts....

Baggies suck, sorry. In this case, I'll go function over fashion.

Of course if you idea of a ride is spending the majority of your time bullshitting in the trail head parking lot, then I guess baggies are fine. But if you're planning on 2-3 hours of actually riding, stick with the tights.

Of course if you idea of a ride is spending the majority of your time bullshitting in the trail head parking lot, then I guess baggies are fine. But if you're planning on 2-3 hours of actually riding, stick with the tights.

this.

i really love the Pearl Izumi baggies i have, but they just don't work for me riding mtb anymore.

this is a mountain bike message board :) so this poll is about what you wear in the woods...baggy or tight?

I agree that tights are actually more comfortable (less material in the way, etc.) but prefer baggy for a few reasons: (1) I just dont feel right actually wearing them...just "aint me"; (2) the "extra material" doesnt really bother me; and (3) I think i have a taint of steel -i.e., I dont ever have problems with chaffing or a sore taint even with my oldest/rattiest chamois

Other then the obvious "I don't want to wear tights" there's not a single advantage to wearing baggies.

Ninety degrees and humid? Who the hell wants to wear wet shorts? Tights are so much more comfortable and cooler.
On a super tech trail? The last thing I want is to get hung up on baggies and go otb. Its happened.

Other then the obvious "I don't want to wear tights" there's not a single advantage to wearing baggies.
On a super tech trail? The last thing I want is to get hung up on baggies and go otb. Its happened.

I'm hoping the tradeoff will be: if my baggies cause a crash, the lack of Spandex will make the paramedics more sympathetic to my plight.

Plus...pockets?:popcorn::D

cycling specific pants?
33814_603275733438_7979705_n.jpg

losers

Ninety degrees and humid? Who the hell wants to wear wet shorts? Tights are so much more comfortable and cooler.

i would like to wear baggies but like mr. short, i've got hung up and gone OTB b/c of them. if i were going on an extended mtb ride, i'd certainly put them in my pack b/c NO ONE wants to see a 200 lb dude in a matchy-matchy ballerina outfit off the bike. i believe the velominati address such matters.

Pulling the kids on the rail trail to go fishing.... baggie.

Riding to ride.... tight like x-men.

I used to wear baggies but in the summer they are too damn hot. They are good for the winter as they help with warmth but after riding spandex all the time, baggies just seem well, baggie.

Back
Top Bottom