Colorado rider in NJ Sept. 5-12 looking to ride

COmtb

hello,

I am a Denver based mtn biker and will be in Little Silver NJ Sept. 5-12 for a wedding. I was hoping to meet up with some local riders and hit some of the area trails for a few days. I'd love to have someone show me around.

Also was wondering if anyone would know where I might be able to rent a bike rather than bring my own. I've called a half dozen shops with no luck. I am hoping to get a 19" hard tail 29er with at least Deore or Sram x5 components. A large anything would do.

Thanks, Rich Straub 303-596-7661 cell

huffster

You will be very close to Huber Woods and Hartshorne Park. I rarely ride those due to the distance from my home. But, if you don't have any luck finding a riding partner, they are easy to navigate alone. Maps here.
http://monmouthcountyparks.com/documents/130/huber_trail09.pdf
http://monmouthcountyparks.com/documents/130/hartshorne09.pdf

Another park you may want to check out is Allaire State Park.
http://www.jorba.org/sites/default/files/ALLAIRE_MULTI-USE_TRAIL_MAP.pdf

Did a little poking around on the web and don't see anything for rental of a quality MTB in that area. Maybe some locals will chime in.

muddybike

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Montclair cyclery has decent demo bikes you can rent for a couple days, but it would be at least a 45 min drive from the area you'll be in.

COmtb

Thanks for the responses. I'll keep checking on here. I forgot to add, I would be more than happy to return the favor if anyone were to be visiting the Mile High City. I live minutes from 50+ miles of amazing single track.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Too soon to commit but I might be able to meet up and give you a tour. I'll know better in Sept. Post up again as it gets closer.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Too soon to commit but I might be able to meet up and give you a tour. I'll know better in Sept. Post up again as it gets closer.

Same. Keep checking in and maybe one of us would even lend you a bike here or there. Not sure I'll be in town the 5/6 but 7-11 I will be.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Definitely post up as the date gets closer. Im thinking you would probably like a tour of a north jersey park...No trip to NJ is complete without hitting a few rocks.

RobW

hello,

I am a Denver based mtn biker and will be in Little Silver NJ Sept. 5-12 for a wedding. I was hoping to meet up with some local riders and hit some of the area trails for a few days. I'd love to have someone show me around.

Also was wondering if anyone would know where I might be able to rent a bike rather than bring my own. I've called a half dozen shops with no luck. I am hoping to get a 19" hard tail 29er with at least Deore or Sram x5 components. A large anything would do.

Thanks, Rich Straub 303-596-7661 cell
if you will be in little silver, right across the river is Hartshorne/Huber woods. there are plenty of us locals who ride those two parks. when the time is near, shoot me a message and we can set up a ride--I'd like a tour of some more Colorado trails so this would be an even trade of knowledge :) cheers

COmtb

Thanks all. The Peddler does not have any mtb's to rent unfortunately. I've got a call in to Montclair. since I'm flying in and out of Newark, that doesn't appear to be too far out of the way. Hopefully they can take care of me.

I'd like to ride Hartshorne/Huber one day and something maybe up near Montclair on another. Thinking I can ride Sept. 5th after 5pm, all day on Sept. 6th, and again on sept. 9th in the morning.

Also, a gentleman named Rich from NJ called me about riding and I have misplaced his phone #. I hope you get this and call me back! Thanks.

RobW

Thanks all. The Peddler does not have any mtb's to rent unfortunately. I've got a call in to Montclair. since I'm flying in and out of Newark, that doesn't appear to be too far out of the way. Hopefully they can take care of me.

I'd like to ride Hartshorne/Huber one day and something maybe up near Montclair on another. Thinking I can ride Sept. 5th after 5pm, all day on Sept. 6th, and again on sept. 9th in the morning.

Also, a gentleman named Rich from NJ called me about riding and I have misplaced his phone #. I hope you get this and call me back! Thanks.
That's funny, there are a bunch of Dicks from NJ!

Rogueldr

Call Planet Bikes in Old Bridge on Rt 34. They demo Santa Cruz bikes and they aren't too far from Little Silver.

Johnny Utah

Call Planet Bikes in Old Bridge on Rt 34. They demo Santa Cruz bikes and they aren't too far from Little Silver.

Second this, ask for Joe Santana, he is the man. He can give you some solid advice for places to ride as well as people to meet up with. If you head to the shore and want to ride Allaire (35 minutes south from Little Silver), let me know.

Also suggest Chimney Rock and Six Mile. Hartshorne will be close, but there are lots of hikers and dog walkers there.

RobW

Second this, ask for Joe Santana, he is the man. He can give you some solid advice for places to ride as well as people to meet up with. If you head to the shore and want to ride Allaire (35 minutes south from Little Silver), let me know.

Also suggest Chimney Rock and Six Mile. Hartshorne will be close, but there are lots of hikers and dog walkers there.
mid week after 5 there are hardly any hikers... or like 730am on the weekends.

Top Bottom