Car-spotting thread

Wow could that Audi and BMW be any more hideous?

Your not allowed to have a gold car unless you last name is Al Saud, live in the Middle East, and you own alot of oil wells. And who spends that kind of money on an electric car? I still can't understand people who spend $90k on a Tesla, a car you can only drive within a 100 mile radius.

Your not allowed to have a gold car unless you last name is Al Saud, live in the Middle East, and you own alot of oil wells. And who spends that kind of money on an electric car? I still can't understand people who spend $90k on a Tesla, a car you can only drive within a 100 mile radius.

Ludicrous mode! Isn't the range more like 300 miles now? I'd consider one some day.

300 miles? Keep dreaming. And the build quality is shit for an $85k car.

Yeah I don't really know. Just looked at one at a car show last year. Would def look more into before actually buying one but I gotta admit having a vehicle that beats 99.99% of all the cars on the road on a 0-60 run is appealing

Yeah I don't really know. Just looked at one at a car show last year. Would def look more into before actually buying one but I gotta admit having a vehicle that beats 99.99% of all the cars on the road on a 0-60 run is appealing

Just don't do it too many times or the electric motors will overheat. Car couldn't even finish a hot Nurburgring lap. Plus it weighs 5000lbs, so it will turn like a 5000lb car.

bc 0-60 in 2.3 sec for the p100D....Runs the 1/4 in 10.5 @ 125...Which is mind blowing.....its currently the quickest production car 0-60 that motor tested has ever tested. I mean a 10.5 run at only 125mph...@gtluke...I would think its putting down something like a 1.4-1.5 60' time on street tires...which is absolutely absurd....Like things we used to try to do with an AWD Dsm with 4 BFG drag radials and a 7000 RPM clutch drop launch.

bc 0-60 in 2.3 sec for the p100D....Runs the 1/4 in 10.5 @ 125...Which is mind blowing.....its currently the quickest production car 0-60 that motor tested has ever tested. I mean a 10.5 run at only 125mph...@gtluke...I would think its putting down something like a 1.4-1.5 60' time on street tires...which is absolutely absurd....Like things we used to try to do with an AWD Dsm with 4 BFG drag radials and a 7000 RPM clutch drop launch.

If all you care about is 0-60 and quarter mile, then great, pay $150k for a car that handles like a 5000lb car, has shit build quality, and can only go 100 miles, and looks like a generic Kia/Hyundai/Ford sedan. For that price you need to have your head examined for getting this instead of Carrera S. Or you can get a Dodge Demon for half that price, and it sounds better too.

Have you driven a Model S? It does not drive like a 5,000# car.

Current Model S's have great build quality. Model X still working itself out.

For everyday driving, electric cars in general are much better to drive than ICE cars. Former FIT EV owner. Now Nissan Leaf. Model 3 reserved. Yes, we still have an ICE car too but when Model 3 is in my hands, Bye Bye ICE car

If all you care about is 0-60 and quarter mile, then great, pay $150k for a car that handles like a 5000lb car, has shit build quality, and can only go 100 miles, and looks like a generic Kia/Hyundai/Ford sedan. For that price you need to have your head examined for getting this instead of Carrera S. Or you can get a Dodge Demon for half that price, and it sounds better too.
its actually 200 miles, but I always call BS on teslas range bc EVERYTHING effects you turn on effects the range. But its not 100 miles....i mean unless you are at the dragstrip all day, in which case I have seen a 2.0L 4cyl get 0.5mpg of $20 per gallon 116octane fuel.

I was reading a comparison they did between the p100D and the audi RS7...they were 135k and 130k as tested....4900lbs for the tesla, 4600 for the audi...Tesla of course wiped the floor with the audi (which still has 605hp) with anything regarding acceleration...Not surprising, no match for the audi top speed...but the figure eight test was way closer than I thought it would be. With all of that battery weight on the bottom of the car, seems its handles way better than expected.

Or you can get a Dodge Demon for half that price, and it sounds better too.
Ok this is a factory built drag car...800+hp...everything that can be stripped out is...and THIS is how fast that tesla is...And its a 5 door hatchback...I mean thats pretty impressive. And really the demon is $100k list if you can get one...plus they are putting things in the demon...like a 2500-3000rpm stall converter that will make it be terrible as a usable car...Holy shit, have you ever driven a car with a high stall converter on the road? So annoying.

Have you driven a Model S? It does not drive like a 5,000# car.

Current Model S's have great build quality. Model X still working itself out.

For everyday driving, electric cars in general are much better to drive than ICE cars. Former FIT EV owner. Now Nissan Leaf. Model 3 reserved. Yes, we still have an ICE car too but when Model 3 is in my hands, Bye Bye ICE car

My cousin has the model S, I’ve driven it many times. The door handle fell off, and he had to fix the sunroof 3 times so it wouldn’t leak (no good in an electric car), on an $85k car. He’s drunk on the Musk coolaid, so he doesn’t care. Acceleration is all its got. We did leave to go to VT last winter at the same time, he got there 4 hours later, so there was that too. He had to follow the nav miles out of the way to find supercharging stations before he hit the VT line, because your SOL once you’re in VT. Four hours May not sound like much, but it’s the difference between 11pm and 3am, on a powder day. I drove everywhere once there so the car could charge. Had to stay in the garage so the cold wouldn’t kill the battery while it sat. It handles exactly like you’d expect a massive sedan like that to handle. Yes it was fast, but that’s about it. If you like to live inside of an iPhone, then you’ll like the interior. It does not feel like the interior on an $85k should. My buddy has an S7, and for comparison, there is no comparison. The S7 may not be as fast (if you want to call 0-60 in less than 4 slow), but it handles better, the seats are better, the steering is better, it looks better, it sounds amazing, and the sunroof doesn’t leak.

Paying $85-90 for an everyday, short-trip car makes no sense. Sure, it makes sense if you’re a rich guy, but most rich guys I know who are into cars also have taste, so this car wouldn’t even be a consideration.

My cousin has the model S, I’ve driven it many times. The door handle fell off, and he had to fix the sunroof 3 times so it wouldn’t leak (no good in an electric car), on an $85k car. He’s drunk on the Musk coolaid, so he doesn’t care. Acceleration is all its got. We did leave to go to VT last winter at the same time, he got there 4 hours later, so there was that too. He had to follow the nav miles out of the way to find supercharging stations before he hit the VT line, because your SOL once you’re in VT. Four hours May not sound like much, but it’s the difference between 11pm and 3am, on a powder day. I drove everywhere once there so the car could charge. Had to stay in the garage so the cold wouldn’t kill the battery while it sat. It handles exactly like you’d expect a massive sedan like that to handle. Yes it was fast, but that’s about it. If you like to live inside of an iPhone, then you’ll like the interior. It does not feel like the interior on an $85k should. My buddy has an S7, and for comparison, there is no comparison. The S7 may not be as fast (if you want to call 0-60 in less than 4 slow), but it handles better, the seats are better, the steering is better, it looks better, it sounds amazing, and the sunroof doesn’t leak.

Paying $85-90 for an everyday, short-trip car makes no sense. Sure, it makes sense if you’re a rich guy, but most rich guys I know who are into cars also have taste, so this car wouldn’t even be a consideration.

I don't see it as the only car you'd have in your family - that wouldn't make sense. But if you're retired, living in a warm climate and have other driving options, then I can see it. We'd be in the market in another 3 years, once the durango is 8 years old. I imagine the technology (and supercharging stations) will evolve considerably in that time. Or a hybrid could be another option. And it wouldn't be the all around fun driving car, I'm getting either a GT350 or 2018 mustang GT in the next year, so that will be that.

Obviously not a great a picture but saw this AMC Eagle on the road today in Newark on the way home from jury duty. I remember when these were the official car of the National Ski Patrol in the early 80's.

IMG_2838.JPG

What I am about to say is a personal opinion so it should not offend anybody's sensibility...and I drive a gas fueled box on wheels (2007 Chevy Equinox)!

That said, I could never understand why 'supposedly' eco-friendly vehicles have to be shaped like turds (I get the aerodynamic shape to save energy, but there's plenty of gas fueled aerodynamic cars that don't look at all like turds). To me, the Teslas do not deviate much from that trend...

Cxe4GxCUkAA1o-k.jpg

Back
Top Bottom