Car-spotting thread

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
What I am about to say is a personal opinion so it should not offend anybody's sensibility...and I drive a gas fueled box on wheels (2007 Chevy Equinox)!

That said, I could never understand why 'supposedly' eco-friendly vehicles have to be shaped like turds (I get the aerodynamic shape to save energy, but there's plenty of gas fueled aerodynamic cars that don't look at all like turds). To me, the Teslas do not deviate much from that trend...

Cxe4GxCUkAA1o-k.jpg

They did make them a hatch back which is nice...I would have voted for a wagon personally. But they are pretty meh looking...not bad, not good.

Paying $85-90 for an everyday, short-trip car makes no sense. Sure, it makes sense if you’re a rich guy, but most rich guys I know who are into cars also have taste, so this car wouldn’t even be a consideration.
Ya certainly no denying that they are rich people toys...I mean what 130k car isnt...The demon is certainly moreso a rich persons toy then even the tesla....But if I was to travel back in time to the 1970 when my father was racing super stock and showed him a demon...a challenger with a superchaged hemi that could run 9's on slicks...he would no doubt be impressed...although they were doing that already in 1970....If I showed him a totally silent, boring as fuck looking sedan with plain street tires that ran 10.5 @ 125, he would faint. As a rich people toy though? 130k...will own anything at a stop light, will make you look good to your hippie friends so they stop bugging you about the land rover you drive when you need to actually go somewhere.....tax breaks...supposedly the best auto drive and infotainment system...I can certainly see why they are so popular.

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
They did make them a hatch back which is nice...I would have voted for a wagon personally. But they are pretty meh looking...not bad, not good.

Ya certainly no denying that they are rich people toys...I mean what 130k car isnt...The demon is certainly moreso a rich persons toy then even the tesla....But if I was to travel back in time to the 1970 when my father was racing super stock and showed him a demon...a challenger with a superchaged hemi that could run 9's on slicks...he would no doubt be impressed...although they were doing that already in 1970....If I showed him a totally silent, boring as fuck looking sedan with plain street tires that ran 10.5 @ 125, he would faint. As a rich people toy though? 130k...will own anything at a stop light, will make you look good to your hippie friends so they stop bugging you about the land rover you drive when you need to actually go somewhere.....tax breaks...supposedly the best auto drive and infotainment system...I can certainly see why they are so popular.

I can totally see why anyone would buy one. Its for the someone philosophically aligned with driving a Prius, but would never get caught dead in one. The straight line speed thing is interesting. It clever marketing really. In actuality, pretty sure not many owners exploit this. My cousin certainly does not because going into launch mode takes alot of juice out of the battery. BTW, he never sees a 200 mile range, not if you drive it like you would a normal car. Also, your not gonna own anyone on a Gixxer or R1 (I'm a bike guy, so I'm biased). Sure you'll get a better launch, but once the bike hits powerband, forget it, these bikes are 9sec quarter milers. A GTI will destroy one on a twisty road too. And the truck, aside from being an atrocity styling wise, makes no sense. An SUV with no range? Whats the point? A gas-guzzling Tahoe or Yukon can go 500miles on a tank, then fill up in 5min and keep going.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Finally uploaded my videos from this past weekend at the BMW Performance Center. DCT is the real deal on a track but I'm still happier with a manual on my car. These cars are so damn capable.

My favorite parts where when you spin around in circles.

rick81721

Lothar
Finally uploaded my videos from this past weekend at the BMW Performance Center. DCT is the real deal on a track but I'm still happier with a manual on my car. These cars are so damn capable.

Don't you learn all that in cop school?? Tho I guess cop cars don't drive like an M2

Top Bottom