Car-spotting thread

What's the issue with keyed ignition? Getting the key out of skin tight jeans?

I just assume pushbutton start makes people feel like they're driving a sporty car. Just before they grab the shifter and put it in D. Kind of like paddle shifters that don't get used.

KESSY. I want to leave the key in my tight jeans and just touch the door handle to unlock and get in. KESSY is paired with push button start. Spoiled, right?

None of the S cheapo options are deal killers, but add them all up and the Bunny makes better sense to me. Particularly the LED headlights since I drive 523 all the time with the deer.

KESSY. I want to leave the key in my tight jeans and just touch the door handle to unlock and get in. KESSY is paired with push button start. Spoiled, right?

None of the S cheapo options are deal killers, but add them all up and the Bunny makes better sense to me. Particularly the LED headlights since I drive 523 all the time with the deer.

I get it. It's interesting as both me and Joy when buying our last vehicles pretty much had to buy the base models because they had the level of tech we wanted. Lack of push button start was actually very important to her.

I can't wait until the day I'm baller and I can wave my foot under the rear of my Odyssey and the hatch opens. Dreams...

I get it. It's interesting as both me and Joy when buying our last vehicles pretty much had to buy the base models because they had the level of tech we wanted. Lack of push button start was actually very important to her.

I can't wait until the day I'm baller and I can wave my foot under the rear of my Odyssey and the hatch opens. Dreams...

please - voice enabled....

Today's car show was a dud, supposed to be sponsored by the local mustang club but no one showed, unless they come later when it's warmer. We stuck around for 45 min then went to a nearby classic car museum:

20181027_152135.jpg

Some local guy collected GM cars, mostly chevy:

20181027_155554.jpg

Cool old Suburban:

20181027_154220.jpg

My high school friend had one of these 70 442 W30s - what a beast:

20181027_154255.jpg

One Chevy i like is the Malibus:

20181027_153427.jpg

20181027_153453.jpg

Finally, they had a holy grail vette - 69 ZL1, one of two! The order sheet was amazing - $10K for a 69 car. The aluminum motor alone was a $3600 option. And a sticker inside said you had to run 97 octane min gas or risk damage:

20181027_155239.jpg

Last edited:
Today's car show was a dud, supposed to be sponsored by the local mustang club but no one showed, unless they come later when it's warmer. We stuck around for 45 min then went to a nearby classic car museum:

View attachment 79712

View attachment 79713

Cool old Suburban:

View attachment 79714

View attachment 79715

View attachment 79716

View attachment 79717

Finally, they had a holy grail vette - 69 ZL1, one of two! The order sheet was amazing - $10K for a 69 car. The aluminum motor alone was a $3600 option. And a sticker inside said you had to run 97 octane min gas or risk damage:

View attachment 79718

Where was this museum in Florida? I feel like I have been to it

Where was this museum in Florida? I feel like I have been to it

Punta Gorda

Kinda looks like a Victress, but the grille isnt quite right...Hard to say, there were alot of companies in the 50s that rebodied corvettes/t-birds with custom fiberglass...I would bet that its a 50s vette underneath tho

The placard said 58 Ferrari Testa Rossa but there are no badges on it (there wasn't a price either). I think it was a kit car modeled after the Ferrari.

ferrari250testarossa15web.jpg

View attachment 79712

View attachment 79713

Cool old Suburban:

View attachment 79714

View attachment 79715

View attachment 79716

View attachment 79717

View attachment 79718

CANDYLAND for me

Awesome, she must fly. Don't know much about the Japanese cars but that s2000 had a big-ass turbo on it. That stock? There was also a Civic type R:

View attachment 79321

What's the deal with these young guys in modified Japanese cars trying to challenge my hegemony? (Not this specific car). Got buzzed today and had to return the favor - but at least they are always smiling, waving and giving thumbs up.

Back
Top Bottom