Car-spotting thread

rick81721

Lothar
They want to hear the motor. And see if a guy your age will miss a shift.

Seems like it. Their motors sound like angry bees. Hey I smoked a guy in a hemi challenger at a red light "challenge" last week. Unlike the young guys in japanese cars, he wasn't very happy.

MMuller

I used to love Labrador Lounge how is the new place? We went and food was ok but they were struggling keeping up in the kitchen. The owner was very nice, guess your still playing there every monday saw your poster when i was there
Like you said, new owner is great. Otherwise though, I hope they raise the bar all around. Maybe get some better music on Mondays. Haha!

Last edited:

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Xler8t: 830381 said:
Curious what dollar range falls into the astounded category.
20-30,000 for nice ones, I have seen some wrapper cars... Like less than 1000 miles sell at auction for over 70,000...30k+ for 93 cobras.... I mean my dad paid 12,900 for his 90gt..... And foxes had a run where they were basically unchanged for 6 years.. They weren't exactly rare, expensive, or hard to find

Xler8

20-30,000 for nice ones, I have seen some wrapper cars... Like less than 1000 miles sell at auction for over 70,000...30k+ for 93 cobras.... I mean my dad paid 12,900 for his 90gt..... And foxes had a run where they were basically unchanged for 6 years.. They weren't exactly rare, expensive, or hard to find

Wrappers are a rareity and I can see people lusting for a time capsule like that.... $70k tho :eek: that for sure is astounding.

No, they weren’t rare, expensive, or hard to find then, but now it’s a different story. Seems like the people who didn’t get a chance to own one then are ponying up for one now. Especially one that’s been unmolested and low mileage.

rick81721

Lothar
Today's tussle - Focus RS. I'd call it a draw in terms of decibels and number of backfires - that thing was loud as hail.

And confirmed that the absolutely least fun car to encounter is a corvette - these old coots just putter along at the speed limit when you blow by them, don't even give you a rev. Why do they buy a 600+ HP car to cruise at 60 mph??

rick81721

Lothar
Friday fracas - two young guys in a blacked out, no badges caddy. Must've had a vette motor in it, they were pretty fast. We had to wait until a Sarasota county sheriff SUV in front of us did a U-turn, then we dropped the hammer.

And the second least fun car to encounter is a Porsche - see corvette above.

Top Bottom