Book of Paul H

I get the feeling Niner is going to say that the dropper cable runs internal along the down tube and external along the seat tube....

your probably not putting a bottle cage on - drill out the lower boss.....

There is a opening at the bottom and I half assedily?? poked in a cable in there to see if it will lead up to the seat tube but nothing.
Maybe @Magic is right and at the very least, I will return the dropper and get a carbon seat post. I thought I saw a RDO spec'ed with a dropper but I couldn't find one on the Niner website. If I need to go fixed, is there anything special about the RDO seat post as opposed to their regular carbon seat posts? $80 difference for 30grams
Capture.JPG

RDO seat post as opposed to their regular carbon seat posts?
I think RDO is their race line or something, so an RDO post is probably better? By better, I assume lighter and not necessarily any stronger, etc. But getting rid of the dropper, even the heaviest alu post would still probably be lighter. No reason to get an RDO post when you'll be running tractor 2.6" tires on it.:)

I still like @qclabrat 's idea of dropping it all off at my house so while you guys talk about it I'll be out riding it and can tell how everything worked out. Ok. That is a XC race eating machine keep it that way, you already have a Cadillac in the HT.

I think RDO is their race line or something, so an RDO post is probably better? By better, I assume lighter and not necessarily any stronger, etc. But getting rid of the dropper, even the heaviest alu post would still probably be lighter. No reason to get an RDO post when you'll be running tractor 2.6" tires on it.:)
I did ask about 2.5... lol
Nah... I decided to keep the Hightower at 27.5x2.8 and give the 29x2.35 to the RDO

I have the RDO 27.2 on the boss’s breargrease. It’s a comfortable post. An alternative is the Syntace HiFlex. Both are designed to take “the edge” off. Know what also takes the edge off? Standing. :)
Ok... Ill take the RDO seat post off your beargrease. Thank you!

I already paid $150 for the dropper... might as well add $50 for the RDO seat post no?

Damn... I see the things I write now a days and it scares me. I gotta go back to my way of thinking in the Walgoose days. $600 for a bike?!?!?! Outrageous!

The funny thing is... I don't see anything on the Niner site that claims it can take a internal dropper.
But on review articles, most mentions that it is compatible for internal dropper. How weird is that?
Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

The funny thing is... I don't see anything on the Niner site that claims it can take a internal dropper.
But on review articles, most mentions that it is compatible for internal dropper. How weird is that?
View attachment 90734
View attachment 90735
1. Your source is bike RUMOR.
2. Sometimes the short text without reading the article is misleading as there may have been a mention of dropper somewhere down the page.
3. Both articles appear to be from 2016.
4. Email Niner yo.

1. Your source is bike RUMOR.
2. Sometimes the short text without reading the article is misleading as there may have been a mention of dropper somewhere down the page.
3. Both articles appear to be from 2016.
4. Email Niner yo.
I emailed them last night and waiting for a reply.

Dirtrag
"The bike’s rear gets 148 x 12 mm Boost spacing and, while the seatpost size is only 27.2, the frame is internal dropper post compatible."

Singletracks
"Niner also touts internal dropper post routing on the frame, although with a 27.2 post size, your options will be limited."

Even Jensen advertise this as Internal dropper post compatible. It is mentioned with Di2... so maybe you do need to make a hole at the Di2 spot?
Capture.JPG

Anyways... will see what Niner has to say.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom