Book of Paul H

I got lots of saws to lend just no sawzall anymore. Buffalo wings are overrated, jimmy geez has good wings but most people I know prefer shakyspersonally I am a Quaker steak fan. I actually eat 2 of the challenge wing orders really good HOT wings.

Yes love hot wings! Lets think about hanging the bikes sideways instead of the standard upside down. We need to see how much room is in the trusses , for possible storage. No sheetrock on ceiling may help out here. Gotta take a looksy.

F'n a... Talon rear tire went flat and lost the bead. Guess I'm going to have to ride the Hightower tomorrow and get it dirty. Just had it wash last weekend. :(

Everyday, there seems to be progress on the garage now. I guess I need to start thinking about how to arrange it so I can "try" to fit a car and have a work bench around it. Its not going to be easy as it is a small garage. Thinking about making a bench straight across the end of the garage and and make some storage area underneath it. Anyone got a circular saw I can borrow so I can cut off all my fingers? Home Depot is going to be my best friend. I prolly won't be able to store my 4 bikes in there. Prior to the fire, I had couple of bikes hanging but back then, the car I had was a sedan. Now, its a SUV and its taller so I doubt I would have the clearance. Should ask @Mtbdog to come take a look when the garage is built so that he can give me some ideas. Maybe have @arangov3 come over too and have him build me a toilet in there. Finally... send blue prints to the supreme leader, @qclabrat for his stamp of approval. lol

One thing is certain, since I will have a lot of work to do in there, will need to stock up on some cheap beers.

I have a miter saw and other tools if you need to borrow when the time comes. Sketch out what you plan on doing including the frame. That's what I did before cutting anything. Used bolts and screws to be sure it would hold up. Here is a picture of the frame before the top, bottom and sides were put on. Designed it so that my compressor would fit underneath to the left. Ended up finding a small but decent pegboard backer / overhead cabinet to mount on top.

Workbench 2 12.02.JPG

Seeing that you intend to move, I suggest you first mount the pegboard to a frame and them mount IT and cabinets to the wall using a "French Cleat". Gives you the optimization flexibility you want. It also helps that when it's time to go, you can remove it and install it in the new place in no time.

F'n a... Talon rear tire went flat and lost the bead. Guess I'm going to have to ride the Hightower tomorrow and get it dirty. Just had it wash last weekend. :(
Pulled the valve core and pumped like hell. Got it inflated but there is a slow leak. Also... how does the b screw loosen up by itself? It was shifting like crap. This bike needs an overhaul. If it loses more air in the morning, Hightower will get the call for tomorrows ride. Either way....
fuck-it-lets-ride.jpg

Pulled the valve core and pumped like hell. Got it inflated but there is a slow leak. Also... how does the b screw loosen up by itself? It was shifting like crap. This bike needs an overhaul. If it loses more air in the morning, Hightower will get the call for tomorrows ride. Either way....
View attachment 78749

Stretch’d Chain would impact b screw adjustment...... a little.

Stretch’d Chain would impact b screw adjustment...... a little.
I did pull on the chain at the chainring and it does look like it has stretched a tad. Was too lazy to go back to the car to get the chain measure. But I am thinking I've ran no more than 500 miles on the chain. Eh... Either way, gonna have to wait for the garage to overhaul the bike because it does need one.

There is really no ceiling in the way they constructed it. Its basically an open triangle with 3 wooden frames running across it. When I had the bikes hanging, there was maybe a foot of space between the roof of the car and the bike handlebars. Also, we are thinking about moving in the next year or two... will still stay in Wayne but to a bigger place so my kid can stay in the same school. Sell the condo and buy a townhouse or something. So... I don't want to dump all sorts of money in this place.

You could add a couple joists front to back, and floor it to make a shelf that is full length.

Also put in some braces across with rafter hooks. This would hang the bikes higher up. That is hard to explain,

Anyway, If I find any extra wood, I'll collect it for you

Checked on the Talon this morning and its flat.
I guess the Hightower is getting dirty today.

My back feels funny... feels like its not connected and feels loose. Wonder if its the corticosteroids that I've been taking....

Haven't really goof around with the Hightower in terms of set up. I have just been riding the bike as it was set up by the bike shop but now I am starting to think about it more. I mean it has been fine the way it is now but starting to wonder if I can make it better. It's prolly the wet weather and the mud and just bad braking but I have been experiencing the rear sliding out a bit on the turns. Do I have too much weight at the rear? Thinking about removing a spacer on the headset or flip the stem upside down to balance out the weight a bit. Would I be just undoing the intent and purposes of this bike by doing this?

now keep in mind i learned about suspension and weight transfer from car racing,

but . . . more weight forwards means less weight on the rear wheel, this would tend to make the car looser (back end more prone to sliding) in the corners, more weight rear would help to combat this, or lower tire pressures on the rear axle/higher pressures on the front.

now keep in mind i learned about suspension and weight transfer from car racing,

but . . . more weight forwards means less weight on the rear wheel, this would tend to make the car looser (back end more prone to sliding) in the corners, more weight rear would help to combat this, or lower tire pressures on the rear axle/higher pressures on the front.
Eek! I should have mentioned sliding out happens on downhill switchbacks.... if that makes a difference

Eek! I should have mentioned sliding out happens on downhill switchbacks.... if that makes a difference

if thats the only place your having problems id work on braking technique instead of worrying about setup, modulate the brakes different, use more front brake less rear brake, but remember, sometimes the fastest way around that corner will be sliding the rear wheel. Point the front slide the rear till your pointed correct and then go again . . .

the front brake actually imparts more braking force to you than the rear does anyway(at least in a quick stop situation), so being comfortable applying it full on without locking up or going OTB is a good thing.

if thats the only place your having problems id work on braking technique instead of worrying about setup, modulate the brakes different, use more front brake less rear brake, but remember, sometimes the fastest way around that corner will be sliding the rear wheel. Point the front slide the rear till your pointed correct and then go again . . .

the front brake actually imparts more braking force to you than the rear does anyway, so being comfortable applying it full on without locking up or going OTB is a good thing.
Yeah... my braking sucks. I've been getting really lucky cuz I know I brake when I am not supposed to. Its one of those stupid reflex kinda reaction.

Back
Top Bottom