Better late then never the Allaire beginner rides return.

Great ride last night big thanks to Stan for taking sweep as Schmitty had the night off and I took lead.
20 + Cookie came on out to enjoy our little bit of paradise good to see some old friends again and meet new people.
Matt, here is the group photo just because....
18010324_10206891972452948_599338668366303232_n.jpg

Sorry we missed you guys! Got caught in the 195 traffic jam...took almost an hour to get from the parkway exit to hospital rd. :mad: Got a good ride in anyway :) See you next week
Jim

Had a great ride last night although I did not get the full count seems like close to 20 people came out to join the fun and the woods.
It always good to see old friends as well as new people join in from what I hear from Stan we did not lose anyone in the slight issue on steelman....
hope to see you all next week for more fun.....
Oh by the we will be out Sunday morning for a TM session and ride if you want to give a hand....
Just got the count 16 in and 16 out still batting 1000 on losing anyone in the woods....

Last edited:
Have an awesome coworker to thank, she went to my house to watch my girls so Serena and JT could make the ride, as I was stuck in a grueling meeting at work until after 6pm. :mad:

Seemed like a perfect evening to ride!

What a fun ride tonight weather was very nice almost like a fall evening 16 people came out to enjoy a nice ride with Schmitty back in the lead.

Great ride last night had some mystery guests show up along with some "regulars" we ended with 28 people enjoying another fun ride on the trails...
see you all next week.

I am chomping at the bit for the doctor to clear me in (hopefully) 4 weeks. I could really use a bike ride about now.

Great ride last night, always nice to see that kind of a turn out. For those that were asking about a 6 Mile ride, (weather permitting) a few of us are going to be doing a ride Saturday morning around 8:30/9:00. Fairly calm pace for those of us with old knees and those who are new to 6 Mile. Meet up will be at the Canal Rd. lot.

I like visiting this ride when I can. I started there like 9 years ago with my FS 26" Rocky Mountain.... but can't find any pictures from then.

I like visiting this ride when I can. I started there like 9 years ago with my FS 26" Rocky Mountain.... but can't find any pictures from then.
Ah, the old days when you and M.I.G. came to ride......seems like forever ago. Good seeing you last night.

Do your part for access and advocacy:

Here’s a good way to meet people on the board, while doing the right thing for access:

When: Thursday May 18, 7pm 10 Elizabethtown Plaza, Elizabeth - GET THERE EARLY!!

The meeting room has limited capacity and the opposition (NIMBYs, etc.) will be out in force.

The Union County Freeholders have re-introduced a resolution to "disapprove" MTB access in the Watchung Reservation Master Trails Plan. Our understanding is that the Freeholders want to put this issue to rest, and the vote on this resolution is the vehicle to do so.

What does it mean: If approved, MTB access to Watchung will be removed from the Master Trails Plan. In other words, all of our hard work over the years for equitable access to Watchung will be for nothing!

What should we do: We must DEFEAT this resolution. To do so, we need 5 of the 9 freeholders to vote NO. First: contact the freeholders and tell then to vote NO. Email addresses below. Second, submit comments on the UC website in support of MTB access. Link below. (MTB community are responsible users, encourage healthy lifestyles, equitable access, etc.) Third, do everything in your power to attend the next freeholder meeting (details above). Fourth, spread the word!! We know that our community is advocating, but we need the casual rider and non-riders to weigh in.

Who: UC Freeholder email addresses:
bbergen@ucnj.org
sgranados@ucnj.org
linda.carter@ucnj.org
aestrada@ucnj.org
chudak@ucnj.org
mjalloh@ucnj.org
bkowalski@ucnj.org
amirabella@ucnj.org
vwright@ucnj.org

How: http://ucnj.org/parks-recreation/paths-trails-greenways/watchung-reservation-trails-master-plan/

Final Thoughts: the outcome of this vote is Not a "done deal." Our voices matter, and the freeholders do listen. We couldn't have gotten this far without everyone's efforts. We need one last push to realize our goal of MTB access at Watchung!!

Thank you, and #freewatchung
BLUE HERON ECHO BDU IMG_20170212_145514.jpg

So we are in a more or less holding pattern for tonights ride we did get a good all day rain yesterday but today is supposed to be dry and partly sunny.
Combine that with a good breeze and things should be not to bad.
Will post here and the FB page if we are canceling stay tuned...

So we are in a more or less holding pattern for tonights ride we did get a good all day rain yesterday but today is supposed to be dry and partly sunny.
Combine that with a good breeze and things should be not to bad.
Will post here and the FB page if we are canceling stay tuned...

Is tonight's ride on?

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions