Beer Suggestions

When I was in Georgia I went to a Buffalo Wild Wings for the first time. TASTY! We should have some mtbNJ get-to-gethers there sometime when it opens!

beers are a seasonal thing as far as I am concerned. In the winter I opt for Imperial Stouts (ten fidy, old rasputin, Breckenridge oatmeal). In the spring I lighten up with amber ales (glissade, misc ipa's/pale ales). In the summer I opt for the "road soda" style beers because it's all about coolin off and consumption. In the fall I am ready for a nice sierra nevada pale ale so I can transition into the colder months with some heartiness;)

My after work tasting. Waaaaaay too "citrusy and bitter" for my liking. I'm sad cuz I wanted to like this beer.

My favorite so far in my "super beer adventure". I had this with dinner and it was dark, but very smooth and left the slightest bit of "bread" taste on the tongue. Yum Yum Yum!

Fourth Letter - Magic Hat makes a few IPAs that are delicious and not quite as hoppy (i.e., bitter) as other IPAs, yet still VERY tasty...

Magic Hat Encore IPA this is apparently a blend of an IPA and a wheat beer (which I've never seen before). think the wheat beer takes the edge off the bitterness.

http://www.magichat.net/ipa_on_tour/encore

Magic Hat h.I.P.A. simply delicious. comparable to Smuttynose in terms of bitterness (maybe slightly less)

http://www.magichat.net/ipa_on_tour/hipa

Last edited:

My after work tasting. Waaaaaay too "citrusy and bitter" for my liking. I'm sad cuz I wanted to like this beer.

If thats the case for you, stay away from the bigger IPA's out there.

Strong, high hopped IPA's are a bit of an aquired tast. Revisit these beers later, after you get a tast for the bitter bite. They can grow on you, I promise.... :)

Beer bitterness is indicated by something called IBU's. What you had there was around 45 is my memory is correct (edit: I looked it up and the IPA is 45, the pale ale is less). Many of Stones IPA's are in the 70 to 100+ range.

Last edited:
The Yakima Glory is excellent. I like it much better than the hop devil. I'm fortunate enough to have victory brewing company a few minutes from my house. I take the victory beers for granted sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom