Any scotch/whisky drinkers in here?

:p
Haha I've seen that user name hundreds of times and For the first time I see what it means. Before it was just a mishmash of letters and numbers to my eyes. D'oh!

It actually started as a play on words of 1 shot, 1 kill back in my PC gaming days. It seems to have stuck and I still have a few old friends and acquaitances call me 'one shot' for short. It was actually funny hearing a few guys say 'Go one shot!' at Short Track. Wish it helped me climb faster! :p Less shots and beer, more training I think...

haven't tried, what are your thoughts on this one?

Def worth a shot, I think it's around 70ish a bottle, flavorful but not overpowering so more mellow/tasty. Next time I get to tax free NH I'm going to get another.

Attachments

• Scapa.JPG
    Scapa.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 11
Then there's always the macallan 62. Hard to believe it was in a barrel that long. So you figure if you bottled it when you were 20 you'd drink it at 82 and then keel over. $30k per bottle is steep.

Attachments

• Macallan.JPG
    Macallan.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 13
[GALLERY=media, 92]Jura Prophecy by qclabrat posted Mar 31, 2015 at 8:00 PM[/GALLERY]
Day 4
Jura Prophecy

Only whisky from the Isle of Jura, an island NE of Islay. Large island, though due to the geology less than 200 inhabitants, so as you imagined the largest employer is the distillery.

interesting bottle with the trademark Ankh symbol
medium peatiness with a nice herbal finish
it is lighty sweet like some highlands scotches, so those who don't appreciate the dirt in the mouth taste, may find this one enjoyable

nice after dinner drink due to it's subtle complexities between peat, herbs and sugars

Haha I've seen that user name hundreds of times and For the first time I see what it means. Before it was just a mishmash of letters and numbers to my eyes. D'oh!

Yeah, I didn't get it either until I think I read a post by @extremedave re:short Track, where he wrote out the name using all letters and no numbers.

:p
It actually started as a play on words of 1 shot, 1 kill back in my PC gaming days. It seems to have stuck and I still have a few old friends and acquaitances call me 'one shot' for short. It was actually funny hearing a few guys say 'Go one shot!' at Short Track. Wish it helped me climb faster! :p Less shots and beer, more training I think...

Thanks for explaining. I assumed it pertained to drinking.

bikes donut bourban at gypsy donut doodman told me it was hudson valley something

image.jpg

[GALLERY=media, 99]Snake liquor by qclabrat posted Apr 8, 2015 at 10:20 PM[/GALLERY]
Day 5
Taking a break from the hard stuff But wanted to share a unique present from my brother last year from Southeast Asia. Some crazy looking cobra with a scorpion in his mouth, Russian reindeer antlers and a whole ginseng preserved in some kind of liquor. Think it's meant to be good for virility, but it's even too freaky for me to try

After a solid non flu tasting the laphroag is pretty damn peaty, I like the Scapa better. When going for quantity over quality I drift to the cutty sark.

love the laphroig - good news is very few people are going to drink your bottle!

day 6 dropping the strong stuff for now
The family always enjoys a good sangria, today I made white. The recipe is pretty strong, a cup of either vodka or rum in a gallon. Also have, triple sec, brandy, and of course wine. Used 3 buck chuck Pinot Grigio today

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 6
They are opening some sort of distillery next to the German beer garden in Asbury. Should be open by end of the year

If u like peaty... should try yamzaki.
Personally... its not my cup of.... is it ok to say tea?
Whenever my boss invites me for dinner, he would break open a bottle of macallan 21. Love that stuff but its just way too expensive for my blood. I dont drink these days but my go to has been glenlivet 12. Its funny because i actually prefer the 12 over the 15. Maybe its because of the price.... idk

Back
Top Bottom