Affordable Hardtail Frame Only with....

is there a pf30 to threaded conversion? gets permanently installed?
I believe the SRAM DUB system basically can take any BB and convert it. They are designed for a bunch of different BB not sure of the specific details of the DUB though

Last edited:
If he's complaining about the weight of the Chameleon (whu??? :confused: ) then any Vassago in his price range will be steel and even heavier (I own both).

What exactly is your weight limit? Bearing in mind: Strong. Light. Cheap - Pick two.
Well... to me, it doesn't make sense if this hardtail is heavier than my Hightower which is slightly under 30lbs
I was looking for something lighter than my Hightower. In my dream world... hoping for this build to be 25-27.
The Niner frame I was looking at comes in at is 3.5lbs. Not sure how accurate this is but I am going to use this as a standard.

+1 on the Carver. That's what I ride, but in Ti. I'm considered obese and subsequently break Aluminum.

+2 for Carver..... but im not obese and did break my Ti frame and have yet to break my 2009 Al Gary Fisher frame (full speed on a rigid fatty through rock gardens might have something to do with that). With that said, Carver had a new frame at my doorstep within 48 hours of contacting them.

is there a pf30 to threaded conversion? gets permanently installed?
Yes, bunch of people make them now. I personally have the praxis one, which I haven’t murdered in 3 winters. Wheels Manufacturing makes them too. They aren’t permanent but they are money.

Well... to me, it doesn't make sense if this hardtail is heavier than my Hightower which is slightly under 30lbs
I was looking for something lighter than my Hightower. In my dream world... hoping for this build to be 25-27.
The Niner frame I was looking at comes in at is 3.5lbs. Not sure how accurate this is but I am going to use this as a standard.

Even a steel frame should net you 3ish lbs less than any dual suspension frame.

We’ve sold a lot of timber jack frames and the ability to run it SS or geared is Nice. Even if you run it geared, you can vary the wheelbase which is a nice perk. It’s also the newer geo which at first you might resist, but ultimately more and more bikes are going longer reach/ slacker head tube.

Even a steel frame should net you 3ish lbs less than any dual suspension frame.

We’ve sold a lot of timber jack frames and the ability to run it SS or geared is Nice. Even if you run it geared, you can vary the wheelbase which is a nice perk. It’s also the newer geo which at first you might resist, but ultimately more and more bikes are going longer reach/ slacker head tube.
I ride a L 2018 Hightower. What size would I go with on the timberjack? Im 5'10

Then i guess the salsa site is fucked cuz according to it... i should be on a medium.
Thanks... only if I can find the weight on this damn thing... it would nail the coffin shut.
Nah I'm gonna start with the same thread with these priorities

Moar travel> price> strong> not made of lead

Then i guess the salsa site is fucked cuz according to it... i should be on a medium.
Thanks... only if I can find the weight on this damn thing... it would nail the coffin shut.
I am 5'9" and ride a medium 5010. We are tweeners, could go either way.

I am 5'9" and ride a medium 5010. We are tweeners, could go either way.
Reading mtbr and many seem to say that the TJ felt short and they switched out to a longish stem to compensate. I guess i should stick to a L instead of the salsa site recommended M. But the reach on a L TJ is longer than my Hightower.

Back
Top Bottom