9th Annual Cranks Around the CampFire Aug 24-26th 2018

T
Absolutely. Let me get it cleaned up and ride ready. I had registered to camp all weekend, but we're leaving for Jackson Hole on Sunday late afternoon, so I will only be there on Saturday for the am ride. I should be able to swing back on Sunday early afternoon to grab the bike if that works. I'll pm you my cell.

I’m happy to drop it by our house on the way out of camp as well if that’s better. And wow I’m jealous I’ve got JH in the summer in my list of must—do

I'm hoping I can get day passes day of as I have previous years. Is the ride schedule posted anywhere yet?

I'm hoping I can get day passes day of as I have previous years. Is the ride schedule posted anywhere yet?
It’ll be out soon! We have a large number of leaders so expect multiple rides to Stephens and Allamuchy in the morning and afternoon. Potentially multiple rides to Deer Park as well.
Sunday morning will be stacked with rides like Saturday with the afternoon a little lighter.
I’ll post schedule here when it’s finalized.

Cranks Schedule!

9th Annual Cranks Around the Campfire Event Schedule

-Participants can reach the event organizer Dan Brodeen at 570-977-0874.
-Day participants may be on property from Friday 12-10pm, Saturday 8am-10pm, and Sunday 8am-5pm
-Please no cars traveling through campsites after 9pm and before 7am. If you plan on traveling between 9pm and 7am please leave your vehicle in the lot.
-Children under 15 must have parent/guardian at waterfront. Swimming only during posted hours. Lifeguards on duty have final call on area usage.
-The no pets rule will be strictly enforced.
-Firewood is free. Located at Pole Barn (south end parking lot behind the health lodge) Wheelbarrows will be available for transporting wood.
-Ice for your coolers is free and available in the dining hall courtyard. Please use only what you need, supplies are limited.
-Please keep beverages in cups when not in campsites. Cups will be available.
- There will be a bike washing station at the shower house.
-Drop off for kids activities is 8:45am at the dining hall located by the waterfront. Send kids with water bottle to kids activities. A snack will be provided. If your child wants to join the bike ride please bring their bike and helmet.
-All rides will be no drop but please be courteous and ride at the appropriate skill level. *Use our ride rating system to determine which rides are best for you.
-Group Rides are subject to change and rides may be added or subtracted based on attendance.
-Night Rides and Hike meet at Office. Arrive at least 5-10 minutes before start.
-Kids Rides leave from dining hall
-Campfire located by shower house and cabin #5

Ride Rating Categories
BEGINNER- Beginner rides are on dirt roads and short trails on the camp property. These rides are a good way to get familiar with the shifters and controlling the bike.
NOVICE- Novice rides are on single-track trails with short ups and downs but not a lot of overall elevation gain. Rides include rolling over logs and rocks.
INTERMEDIATE- Intermediate rides are on single-track trails and include significant elevation gain, rocks and logs.
ADVANCED- Advanced rides add technical features and more miles to the ride.
EXPERT- Expert rides include all of the above at a faster overall ride pace and greater mileage. Rides may include Rolly Polly and Lumpy Bumpy.

***Remember to always wear your helmet on camp property!***
***ALL RIDES START FROM CAMP OFFICE IN MAIN PARKING LOT***
***The schedule is tentative and subject to changes.***
**NO DOGS ALLOWED ON CAMP PROPERTY**
***The Wheeler Camp is closed to Cranks Participants, it is rented by another group.***

Friday
12:00pm Cranks Opens
Campers and Day participants may begin arriving. Please check in at office.
12:00pm Food Vendor Wabi Sabi Kitchen open
2:00pm REI Campsite opens for the weekend
Stop by the campsite to check out latest gear for camping and learn different skills. A campfire will be going with hammocks up to chill out in. Also a cornhole game will be set up so swing by for a game or two!
3:00pm Group Rides (arrive to main lot 2:50)
Intermediate Allamuchy
Advanced Stephens
Advanced Allamuchy
4:00pm Group Rides
Beginner ride Around camp
Intermediate Stephens
8:00pm REI S’Mores Campfire
Across from Shower House. The Crew from REI will be supplying the ingredients for everyone’s favorite campfire treat!
8:00pm Night Rides presented by Princeton Tec
Ride on the Reservation: Bring a bike light, flashlight, and water. Meet at Office.
8:00pm Movie Night at the Dining Hall
Bring munchies and favorite beverage to watch some cycling themed cinema!

Saturday
7:30am Food Vendor Wabi Sabi Kitchen open
8:45am Kids Activities
Drop off at Dining Hall located at the waterfront. Festival staff will take care of your kids while you are enjoying a group ride. Activities will include arts/crafts, fishing, hiking, biking, nature walk, and more! Please pick up your kids by noon. Send them with water bottle.
9am Festival Opening Ceremony
Meet at the office with fellow campers to officially start the weekend.
9AM Group Rides(arrive main lot 8:50)
Advanced Allamuchy with Jorba 3hrs (limit 15 sign up at Jorba tent)
Advanced Stephens
Advanced Allamuchy to Sussex Branch to Kittatinny State Park
9:15am Group Rides (arrive to main lot at 9:05)
Intermediate Women’s Stephens Ride
Intermediate Allamuchy
Intermediate Stephens
Intermediate Deer Park
9:30am Group Rides(arrive to main lot 9:20)
Beginner Camp
Novice Camp and/or Stephens
10am Rock and Roll Ride Intermediate Allamuchy (meet main lot 9:50)
11:00am Kids MTB Ride (dining hall)
12:30pm Kids Scavenger Hunt (maps handed out at registration table)
1:00 REI Repair Clinic (office area)
2:00PM Group Rides (arrive main lot 1:50)
Advanced Deer Park and Stephens
Advanced Stephens
Advanced Allamuchy
2:15pm Group rides(arrive main lot 2:05)
Intermediate Allamuchy
Intermediate Stephens Steph

2:00-7:00pm Open Swimming at the Waterfront
Under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.

2:00pm Cognition Endurance Sports Coaching Intermediate to Advanced Skills Clinic
(Sign up at registration table, limit 20 riders)
Looking for some new skills to help conquer the challenging Allamuchy terrain? Join the Cognition Coaching crew for an Intermediate/Advanced skills clinic. After a brief refresher of critical fundamental skills, we'll move on to each of the skills required for riding the type of terrain you will find throughout Allamuchy. Topics to be covered include cornering, wheel lifts, navigating switchbacks, small drops, and more. Limited to the first 20 riders that sign up upon arrival. Meet at Vollers field up past the Red Barn
2-4:00pm REI Campsite Classes
Two classes to choose from: Campfire Cooking and Camping Basics. With the cooking class, everyone will be able to make their own baked apple desert (cored/sliced apples, sugar, cinnamon, and gronola) over the fire.
6:00pm Beach Party BBQ
Join your fellow campers at the waterfront for some lakeside fun. Bring your favorite beverage (solo cups provided) and enjoy some free grub to fuel Sunday’s rides. There will be music playing to get your post ride recovery groove on!

8:00pm REI S’mores Campfire
Across from Shower House. Bring a snack and your favorite beverage.
8:30pm Guided Night Hike presented by Princeton Tec
Meet at the office. Bring some water, sturdy shoes, and headlamp. Lights also available for use from Princeton Tec. Hike 2-3 miles long.

Sunday
7:30am Food Vendor Wabi Sabi Kitchen open
8:45 Kids Activities
Meet at Dining Hall
9am (arrive main lot 8:50)
Advanced Allamuchy
Advanced Triple Park Ride Allamuchy+Stephens+Deer Park 3+ hours
9:15am (arrive to main lot at 9:05)
Intermediate Allamuchy
Intermediate Stephens
9:30am (arrive to main lot 9:20)
Beginner Camp
Novice/Intermediate Womens Ride Allamuchy
Novice Stephens
11:00am Kids MTB Ride (dining hall)
11:00-2:00pm Open Swimming at the Waterfront
12:30 Potluck Pinic at the Waterfront
Bring all your leftovers or prepare a dish to share with your fellow campers.
1:00 REI Repair Clinic (office)
2:00pm Group Rides (meet at main lot 1:50)
Advanced Allamuchy
Intermediate Stephens
Two classes to choose from: Campfire Cooking and Camping Basics. With the cooking class, everyone will be able to make their own baked apple desert (cored/sliced apples, sugar, cinnamon, and gronola) over the fire.

6:00pm Cranks Closes
Trash to dumpster in back of dining hall.
Thanks for joining us! See you next summer!

Last edited:
Some changes to schedule above. Check out the REI Camping Classes

Looking for a few more ride leaders for the weekend. Anyone interested in leading the following rides?
Saturday 9am Intermediate Deer Park Ride
9am Intermediate Stephens Ride
Sunday 9am Advanced Stephens Ride
Thanks!

anyone wants to do a night ride Saturday.....bring your lights!

Having never been to the area or event , do the guided rides leave from the camp or do you have to drive and park to ride ?

Looking for a few more ride leaders for the weekend. Anyone interested in leading the following rides?
Saturday 9am Intermediate Deer Park Ride
9am Intermediate Stephens Ride
Sunday 9am Advanced Stephens Ride
Thanks!

I could do the Intermediate Stephens ride. It should be shorter than the loop I led last year correct?

Back
Top Bottom