9th Annual Cranks Around the CampFire Aug 24-26th 2018

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Good ride this morning with the 9am Advanced Ride to Stephens crew. @graveyardman67 thanks for leading and hitting all the good stuff.
It's all about the fill flash.
20180825_164921.jpg

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Another great day at Cranks. As luck would have it, I was able to get out on Saturday and lead an Intermediate Stephens ride. Since this ride tends to draw a larger crowd, we split up into two groups and headed out. Once the dust settled a bit, we ended up with 22 riders in our pack. Typical Stephens, there is a bit of climbing to the top with a quick stop at the Tipi Rock for some skills testing. All of the climbing eventually led to the reward. This started with "Leroy" as the longest descent in this loop followed by "Funyuns" and eventually wrapping this three part decent with the Trustle Trail. All in all, we all had a great time. Temps were perfect and the skeeters were at a minimum. The Advanced group passed us right before Lil' Maze and a few of our group jumped on that train for the last few miles.

A big thank you to @Santapez for stepping up at the last minute to help as a sweeper. You were a big help with a group this size.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1796706402

Unfortunately, my iPhone wasn't able to get a clear shot of everyone....sorry!!

Wrapping up the day......
1535290810540.png

Fun rippin' it down the Trestle Trail towards the Pink Maze.
1535290533027.png
1535290558486.png
1535290660679.png

1535290696705.png
1535290726744.png
1535290757448.png

A shout out to @jmanic & @JimN for some of the afternoon's hydration.....
1535291496046.png

For those that are on the fence about this.....don't be. If I were not leaving for vacation in the next few hours, I would have camped out for the weekend enjoying the trails, meeting new people, hanging with old friends and enjoying the overall great vibe this event has. Keep in mind, I live 10 minutes away and ride these same trails every weekend. This is a not to miss event!!

roc

Another great day at Cranks. As luck would have it, I was able to get out on Saturday and lead an Intermediate Stephens ride. Since this ride tends to draw a larger crowd, we split up into two groups and headed out. Once the dust settled a bit, we ended up with 22 riders in our pack. Typical Stephens, there is a bit of climbing to the top with a quick stop at the Tipi Rock for some skills testing. All of the climbing eventually led to the reward. This started with "Leroy" as the longest descent in this loop followed by "Funyuns" and eventually wrapping this three part decent with the Trustle Trail. All in all, we all had a great time. Temps were perfect and the skeeters were at a minimum. The Advanced group passed us right before Lil' Maze and a few of our group jumped on that train for the last few miles.

A big thank you to @Santapez for stepping up at the last minute to help as a sweeper. You were a big help with a group this size.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1796706402

Unfortunately, my iPhone wasn't able to get a clear shot of everyone....sorry!!

Wrapping up the day......
View attachment 75914

Fun rippin' it down the Trestle Trail towards the Pink Maze.
View attachment 75906 View attachment 75907 View attachment 75910

View attachment 75911 View attachment 75912View attachment 75913

A shout out to @jmanic & @JimN for some of the afternoon's hydration.....
View attachment 75916

For those that are on the fence about this.....don't be. If I were not leaving for vacation in the next few hours, I would have camped out for the weekend enjoying the trails, meeting new people, hanging with old friends and enjoying the overall great vibe this event has. Keep in mind, I live 10 minutes away and ride these same trails every weekend. This is a not to miss event!!
Sounds like a tough few days, cranks then Jackson, tough life brother!

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Awww yeah!!
Another great weekend at Cranks.
Thanks for making the fun @DanBrodeen awesome as always.

And thanks to all the ride leaders for herding the cats on the mountain bicycles. Personal thanks go to @sarcaro for letting me sweep her recon ride on Friday ;)
And of course my man @ReggieHammond for stepping up to lead a classic Stephens tour on Saturday.

Awesome time, can't wait for next year!

Robin

So much fun! Thanks @DanBrodeen and all who made it a memorable weekend.

So many familiar faces but not enough time to catch up personally with everyone. Sorry I couldn't chat more.

Didn't take many photos but here is @ChrisG shredding the gnar on Candy Ass Saturday

00002IMG_00002_BURST20180825111619.jpg

And my small but intimate ladies ride at Mooch

IMG_20180826_111501_534.jpg

Mare

I am definitely camping next year cause I missed out on a good amount of fun. Thanks, @sarcaro for dragging me around! I really loved the ride and the company!

Top Bottom