6 Mile Run Conditions

The photos I saw yesterday were heartbreaking.

If your bike comes back with 40 lbs of mud on it, you are doing trail damage.

Deep ruts take a ton of work to fix by hand and they often freeze solid if we get a hard freeze. These ruts hold water after a rain and change the trail’s ability to shed future rain.

I know that many people don’t understand the concept of staying off these trails when muddy, but it all starts with you.

The park staff is not impressed with the misuse of these trails and it hasn’t gone unnoticed.

I say this all the time, but it needs repeating: Trail access here is not a right. It is a privilege. Many people spend thousands of volunteer hours making 6mr what it is today.

Tell your friends and anyone who might listen that riding muddy trails is bad for the trails and bad for our sport.
That really sucks, any way someone can post a flyer at the trailheads that conditions are poor and direct riders to other parks in the area? Unfortunately there's not much nearby except Sourlands

Too bad about riders shredding up wet trails. I hope that word gets out about it. People on here are probably conscientious about it. I guess it’s up to us to spread the word.

Allaire (Howell), Hartshorne & Huber (Atlantic Highlands) & Clayton (Imlaystown) all drain well and are in excellent condition right now.
Someone should make that a sticky. Maybe a list of well draining trail systems.

Too bad about riders shredding up wet trails. I hope that word gets out about it. People on here are probably conscientious about it. I guess it’s up to us to spread the word.
Unfortunately this same conversation is had every fall/spring/freeze-thaw/rain storm. It really sucks to see the destruction

I feel like it's a losing battle every year. Sure a few people will be enlightened by getting the word out, but there will always be a few Rachels who just don't give a shit and will selfishly damage the trails for their own enjoyment. How do you stop that?

Bernard H

Try Clayton if it is close enough to drive- rocks are not bad at all... are there even rocks there? If you want a taste of rocky terrain without walking a ton Nassau is a great option.

Clayton is in S NJ and Nassau is North Central NJ

709B96A8-43B7-4663-A659-BDEA0AB52894.jpeg
3E1ABAE3-840E-48EF-9CD7-0B566B370E12.jpeg
54B1E1E2-423B-4C37-892C-9D7C27A936D2.jpeg
709B96A8-43B7-4663-A659-BDEA0AB52894.jpeg
so it hasnt rained in like 2 weeks... is a ride tomorrow afternoon a good idea?

Depending on the rain forecast for tonight. It’s pretty good out there today.

I’ve been moving dirt by the cement bridge and I’m curious how it will hold up.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions