6 Hours of Cathedral Pines

I'm praying Kirt doesn't make it back by 3......though I think he's going to make it. We're currently in third or fourth place in the team event. This place reminds me of six mile...just lay off the brakes and let it flow(says the guy who has crashed 3 times).

another great event. beautiful weather. didnt hit my goal but was happy to finish 6 laps. 20 minutes slower than last year but it was all my body was willling to give me today. giving myself a "c-" for execution but an "A" for effort.

NJ was well represented! I hope you guys had as much fun racing as we had putting it on! Thanks again for coming out!

-Shoogs
I was the cowbeller...

NJ was well represented! I hope you guys had as much fun racing as we had putting it on! Thanks again for coming out!

-Shoogs
I was the cowbeller...

Shoogs, you kick a$$!!!! Your cheering and cowbell gave me that little extra kick to get me going every lap when I hit that climb! (I was the SSer in the Cars-R-Coffins jersey who gave you the thumbs up each time I passed.) Thanks!

-Shoogs
I was the cowbeller...

Great race. This race has really turned into a must do mtb event, thank you for hosting. The competition was better then ever this year and the chili was a hit.

Shoogs you were at the midway point were the trails merged. I was the guy who asked you if I'd get an 8th lap in. I didn't get in under the gun but was good enough for 3rd in SS class.

Fun times!

thanks Shoogs - the cowbell and your cheering definitely helped. a little mid-loop pick-me-up is always a good thing.

I was wearing the Stone Ruination IPA shirt - were you the guy commenting on my "exquisite" taste in beer? if so....thanks ;)

Great race. This race has really turned into a must do mtb event, thank you for hosting. The competition was better then ever this year and the chili was a hit.

Shoogs you were at the midway point were the trails merged. I was the guy who asked you if I'd get an 8th lap in. I didn't get in under the gun but was good enough for 3rd in SS class.

Fun times!

Nice finish! Congrats!

Fun times!

Are the results posted anywhere yet? I had to roll before I could see the final results.

thanks to something wicked for a well run race, and a great day!!! another shout out to shoogs!!! gotta have more cowbell :D

Fun times!

By the way -- congrats, Iggy! That's a great finish. There were some serious SSers out there today. To finish third in that crowd is a hell of a ride! :getsome:

Can never have too much cowbell.

Awesome work cheering the riders on Shoogs!!! Well done.

Did this as more of a group ride than a race. Single track isn't the easiest for having a conversation so I would up talking to some random people behind me by mistake a few times. Did four laps total.

Hated the course the first two laps ( seemed too twisty and monotonous ) but the next two laps I warmed up to it, ESP as any mud really dried out by then.

Biking by the car each lap was neat ( long break every lap ) we had nearly enough time to start and finish a fifth lap and qualify for a sixth. Perhaps next year....

By the way -- congrats, Iggy! That's a great finish.
Thanks, I remember seeing you out there in your Cars R Coffins jersey. I need something to ponder when racing for 6hrs, this was good material to think on. All I came up with is that coffin is a funny word for a grave subject.

Results will be here when they post them. http://www.somethingwickedevents.com/

Iggy nice job! Did that also include your wheel falling off 712 times?
All good no wheel issues...i told you I Got This.

Last edited:
Well ran event... The RFID system is a huge plus from a participants perspective and though I have never done a race that involved using a pit, I couldn't imagine it gets much better than the set up yesterday...

I had my mojo flowing till a nasty spill at the end on my 3rd lap forced me to pit longer than I intended... I took 5 minutes to stretch out a major knot in my back that stayed in my head through out my 4th lap... At that point I made the decision that 7 laps wasn't happening... Stopped another 5 minutes after the 4th to get my head together for the last two laps... Thanks for the good times... I plan on returning next year for seven laps and Mitch Gold

Last edited:
Gotta give da man props cause he did 7 laps only 7 minutes behind my 6...

Iggs, great race yesterday

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom