50 mile Chimney Rock Ride

We did that 4 park ride a few weeks ago; KSVP, Allamuchy, Deer Park, and Stephens. Ended up with 51 miles under our belts (Approx. 1 mile of asphalt, 12 miles of rail bed, and the rest single track). I'm sure one of the guys has a gps link if anyone's interested.

We didn't break any speed records, but that wasn't the goal and it was still a ton of fun. I felt surprisingly good afterwards too.

allaire was fun I did a 30 then a 40. correct very few repeats. chimney is hard because it just beats your body up. all the rocks roots etc. I ride a full suspension plus so the 40 was no problem. I blew my bottom bracket up on first 40 and punctured tire on 2nd. doing 50 would take around 7 hours 40 was 5 hours. plus breaks. I don't have that type of time until spring when I'll attempt it again.

We did that 4 park ride a few weeks ago; KSVP, Allamuchy, Deer Park, and Stephens. Ended up with 51 miles under our belts (Approx. 1 mile of asphalt, 12 miles of rail bed, and the rest single track). I'm sure one of the guys has a gps link if anyone's interested.

We didn't break any speed records, but that wasn't the goal and it was still a ton of fun. I felt surprisingly good afterwards too.
I'll keep in touch I would love to try up there in spring get a group

U buyin beers for 3 hours at cr inn if I do 50 miles at cr? Gotta let wifey know if she needs to pick me up or not.
Why don't u do 50 miles over the next 3-4 rides at CR, it will be more fun. Or do a triple up north. Or stick to your guns and do 50 miles of CR because DAVE TAYLOR.
I'll bust out one of my top shelf brews for you.

Why don't u do 50 miles over the next 3-4 rides at CR, it will be more fun. Or do a triple up north. Or stick to your guns and do 50 miles of CR because DAVE TAYLOR.
I'll bust out one of my top shelf brews for you.
I just want to do a 50 mile tech ride at not a killer pace. This is what I call fun. I need to ride at my fun pace for once. Like blue mt yesterday was that fun pace and despite some flats was very enjoyable. Cathedral was a failure in all ways for me. I physically could have ridden around for two more hours but if I'm not racing the back pain wasn't worth it. I took myself out of contention by not eating properly. You race 20 races in a year and I guess you have a bad couple.

I just want to do a 50 mile tech ride at not a killer pace. This is what I call fun. I need to ride at my fun pace for once. Like blue mt yesterday was that fun pace and despite some flats was very enjoyable. Cathedral was a failure in all ways for me. I physically could have ridden around for two more hours but if I'm not racing the back pain wasn't worth it. I took myself out of contention by not eating properly. You race 20 races in a year and I guess you have a bad couple.
my thoughts exactly. 50 at CR is a challenge I would take my road bike out of I only wanted the miles

This sounds dumb. I'd rather ride TOS / Ringwood or Jungle or Waway or Mooch than CR for that long. or maybe Wiss or White Clay and none of which for 50 miles. 2.5 hours max...

Last edited:
This sounds dumb. I'd rather ride TOS / Ringwood or Jungle or Waway or Mooch that CR for that long. or maybe Wiss or White Clay and non of which for 50 miles. 2.5 hours max...
To each their own. I like riding distance, I like a challenge and I love riding at chimney rock...and it's close to home.

Back
Top Bottom