50 mile Chimney Rock Ride

If you want 50 miles with no pavement and solid trails with good vert then an Allamuchy 3 or 4 park is where it's at...

Start at the Park n' Ride in Cranberry Lake. Sussex Branch to KSVP; 10 +/- in KSVP, then rail trail back to Allamuchy North. Work your way over to the Tranquility side (approx. 8 miles) then up Route 517 to Deer Park; 12-14 in Deer Park; then down Orange to Stephens. Stephens you can put together a quick and easy 10 mile loop then over to Holy Grail trail back under Route 80 to Continental Drive. Cont. Drive over to Sussex Branch rail trail then back to your car(s).

A solid 50-55 miles depending on how crazy you want to go in any of the (4) parks. Total Asphalt = 1 mile give or take.

this has been on my radar for this fall.......

Start at the Park n' Ride in Cranberry Lake. Sussex Branch to KSVP; 10 +/- in KSVP, then rail trail back to Allamuchy North. Work your way over to the Tranquility side (approx. 8 miles) then up Route 517 to Deer Park; 12-14 in Deer Park; then down Orange to Stephens. Stephens you can put together a quick and easy 10 mile loop then over to Holy Grail trail back under Route 80 to Continental Drive. Cont. Drive over to Sussex Branch rail trail then back to your car(s).

A solid 50-55 miles depending on how crazy you want to go in any of the (4) parks. Total Asphalt = 1 mile give or take.

Let me know when Burke- I'd be interested for a 4-parker

Sounds nice I still haven't ridden up there

I got 40 in at allaire today with no real repeats we can probably go for 50 there also

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161014-153834.png
    Screenshot_20161014-153834.png
    236.8 KB · Views: 147
I suggest taking up on hitting Mooch,,and all the other parks up there like Burke said. You can really get in some miles and see all types of different trails. I have done the 6 mile D & R and Chimney rock combo as well and I think this is a great ride as well. Another suggestion is taking a ride down to White Clay and connect that with Fair hill you can just rip through these parks. My other favorite ride Ive done so far and is pretty epic has consist of Washington Crossing to Baldpate mountain to water co- trails down to D & R over to Neshaminy to Core Creek and back. There is some roads involved or you can take the train tracks (which I did not since they are functional),but this came out to about 75 miles.

Argh!!! I'd be all over this but I'm going for shoulder surgery this Tuesday. Will be out of action for 12 weeks. For the record, I'd go to Chimney park but I would prefer Allamuchy :) Thanks for the heads up!

I'd love to join my bike has broken the last 2 times I've attempted 50. 40 is my max there. these replies are the reason I wanted to do it in the first place. It might sound stupid and boring but it really isn't.

Over the last couple of months, I've been lucky enough to get the time to ride a solo huber/hartshorne 50 and an allaire 50. Both on a hardtail 29. The two don't even compare in difficulty. Between the climbs and having to ride every trail forward and backwards, HH got monotonous. Allaire had very few repeats, it amazes me how many quality miles of singletrack it has

Back
Top Bottom