2016 (Remaining) MTBNJ Events Schedule

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hey all. Since our race season is all done we are going to put more of a focus on getting out and making group rides happen for the rest of the year. Here is what our schedule looks like. So mark your calendars now.

Aug 21: Stewart State Forest (@UtahJoe) will lead. Not exactly New Jersey but we are looking to bring new riders to parks we have not gotten to yet.

Sep 17: Allaire (@Mitch) will lead a memorial ride for our fallen teammate Chris Schilling. More details to come as the event nears.

Oct 15: Six Mile (@Norm) or any number of people can lead this. After the ride we will join @jdog at his shop down the road, Halter's Cycles. MTBNJ will buy a bunch of pizzas and we will hang out at the shop for a bit. This is a perfect ride for all ability levels as well as kids.

Oct 29: MTBNJ's HPCX team gathering. We were there last year and this serves as our de facto team picnic of the year. I am posting this here mostly for cross friends of the team & site. This was a lot of fun last year and I am sure it will be the same this year.

Nov 13: Stephens (@mattybfat) will lead this one, dabbling into the Mooch realm without taking everyone on the less forgiving trails of Allamuchy north. This is another of the intermediate-leaning rides so choose wisely. We will have more info as the date approaches.

TBD: Ringwood (@gtluke) will lead an intermediate ride. Ringwood can be a tougher place so we can't offer this as pure beginner but if you show up with the right attitude we'll make sure you have a good time.

Dec 10: Nassau (@jShort) will bring us on a tour of this popular ride from last year. This is obviously weather-dependent so who knows what happens between now and then.

Last edited:
@Norm :

@Santapez and i are totally in for stewart. it's actually going to be incorporated into our vacation traveling plans.

and speaking of birthdays, @gtluke 's birthday is a few days before ringwood so bring him gifts too! (my birthday is also just before that ride but i'll be doing GGG duathlon that day... but feel free to drop off gifts at Lew Mo for me)

:D

@Santapez and i are totally in for stewart. it's actually going to be incorporated into our vacation traveling plans.

Sweet! We'll be in upstate NY on Saturday and we're going to be in that area anyway, so we actually changed the date to that weekend. We just need to find a place to ride on Saturday in the Albany-ish area.

I'll bring both @mattybfat and @gtluke celery to fit in with their current diets. I would bring Luke for sushi but watching him the other night was just kinda sad.

Would a Stan's demo fit into the Stewart plans? (I know we've gotta do three of them, and I'd be more'n happy to be on point for one at least. Cranks around the campfire might be another good'n. Am attending.)

Sweet! We'll be in upstate NY on Saturday and we're going to be in that area anyway, so we actually changed the date to that weekend. We just need to find a place to ride on Saturday in the Albany-ish area.

I'll bring both @mattybfat and @gtluke celery to fit in with their current diets. I would bring Luke for sushi but watching him the other night was just kinda sad.

On Tuesday 10 of us went to Star Tavern for pizza and consumed TEN pizzas. I ate zero :(

Just throwing it out there, I'd be happy to lead a group ride at Mountain Creek Bike Park XC trails (since most of you probably just do the race loop) or kittatiny.

I've been out of the bike game about 4 years but I'm sure I could put names to a few faces that still frequent these boards. Plus my fitness is back enough for groups rides

Is @gtluke now
Lactose intolerant
Gluten free
Celiac
Organic only
Vegan
Sugar free
What a hippy you turned into
A real bern for Bernie :)

Back
Top Bottom