2016 Hell of Hunterdon

You have been a semi regular. With moving Battenkill to May, I was curious how it would affect people rising this as that is one of the reasons it blew up the way it did. Guess it gained enough momentum .
Yeah, the first cycling event will always be a big draw. Also this is not technically a race, so you have guys like Rick coming out just to finish and enjoy the social aspect. Although I have not heard many people other then Rick complain about riding on dirt roads, this is what defines the HOH. Luckily the weather has been ok for these, although I think this was delayed from last year's original start due to snow. Last year was extremely windy if I recall.
I should probably register today.

. Luckily the weather has been ok for these, although I think this was delayed from last year's original start due to snow. Last year was extremely windy if I recall.
I should probably register today.

Yeah, postponed last year cause of snow. I couldn't make the other date.
Reg soon, 577 spots of 750 taken so far. 400+ within the first 90 minutes last night.

Curious... Why is it called "Hell" of Hunterdon? Is it that grueling? Checked the site but didnt mention much about the route.

its not hard, theres only one steep climb but its like 1/4 mile long

i wish there were MORE dirt roads, i dont think id pay to ride it but it would be a cool ride with a buncha bros

protip: run tubeless and bunnyhop the bridge at the end of hamp rd so you dont get a double snakebite like me

Last edited:
Come on out!! Hilltop is Sponsoring this event again this year, we had a blast the last 2 years. I'll be doing sag so stop by and say hi.

im surprised it hasnt sold out already, past 3 years ive tried to get in and missed it by a matter of hours. i ended up just "ITT"ing the course in the summer

Yeah, the first cycling event will always be a big draw. Also this is not technically a race, so you have guys like Rick coming out just to finish and enjoy the social aspect. Although I have not heard many people other then Rick complain about riding on dirt roads, this is what defines the HOH.

I knew there would be dirt roads just didnt realize that many. Not my thang on skinny tires. And we lucked out last year, they were in good shape. Don't like the idea of mucking up my beloved evo

Back
Top Bottom