2016 Hell of Hunterdon

Actual question. Why on earth would someone put another event on the same day as the most popular ride in the state? There's an insanely huge overlap in participants, like all of them.
probably why like 15 people total are registered for the other event

probably why like 15 people total are registered for the other event

To be fair, the h2h reg must have just opened. But even if it opened the same date, I'd imagine it would be the same story. HOH is a huge event.

I hope nobody shows up for the h2h cat 1 19-39 class!

Bad weather will push it forward a week. Otherwise that is it.

y0 - i know you did the moto thing last year. i saw they had open spots for volunteers in the motobrigade this year. you gonna do it again? now that i'm officially up and running i'm in talks with my CEO to see if i can take the day to scoot around and help out since i didn't get a spot. wanted to get your thoughts on how it was.

y0 - i know you did the moto thing last year. i saw they had open spots for volunteers in the motobrigade this year. you gonna do it again? now that i'm officially up and running i'm in talks with my CEO to see if i can take the day to scoot around and help out since i didn't get a spot. wanted to get your thoughts on how it was.
It was fun. Quite a bit of work. pm me your email and I can get you on the list.

Any single speeders out there for HoH?

I'm going SS on CX bike. My normal 42x16 might not be climbing friendly, going to do a test ride tomorrow using 42x18 which however will be sluggish on the flat portions of the route.

Any advice? ( for 185lb biker )

W

Actual question. Why on earth would someone put another event on the same day as the most popular ride in the state? There's an insanely huge overlap in participants, like all of them.
He picked his date back in October, thinking HoH would be 21 March like it was orig. scheduled for in 2015. By the time HoH was announced he was locked in with the camp.

I'm going SS on CX bike. My normal 42x16 might not be climbing friendly, going to do a test ride tomorrow using 42x18 which however will be sluggish on the flat portions of the route.

W

Ive ridden a 42/18 in the area which HoH I'd held.

You can do it Warren!

W

I've done it SS a couple times. I ran a 42x18. You'll have to walk the one steep climb but everything else is doable.

He picked his date back in October, thinking HoH would be 21 March like it was orig. scheduled for in 2015. By the time HoH was announced he was locked in with the camp.
Unfortunate, I know he took a loss on the fat bike race. Hopefully there's enough folks left over to break even so he'll keep putting races on.

Unfortunate, I know he took a loss on the fat bike race. Hopefully there's enough folks left over to break even so he'll keep putting races on.

Yeah, Chris is a good dude too. He didn't take a huge hit on the fatbike race, but made sure that JORBA and the camp at least broke even before he even considered his costs, which is really admirable and shows what he is all about.

Pre-Rode the Course today. Ya'll are in for one hell of a treat!! It says it's the same as the 2015 loop but I feel like there were a couple roads I've not been on before.

944340_10208843320982285_5395826911617340802_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom