2011 MCPS Trail Schedule

Hey Don, Dave here :)

It was nice working with you and everyone else here, it was a lot of hard work but it was worth the effort. I am glad to hear what we did is working out.

Hey Dave - good throwing dirt with you at the TM. That section we were working on looked good even after the rain :thumbs: Hope to see you on the trails or at the next TM.

The trick to get waterbars to function is to use them in side slope conditions only. A water bar is supposed to be installed so that the inslope portion of the tread has no exposed bar, and the outsloped section has exposed bar....provided that there is at least a 5 degree outslope too. They always fail when used on the fall line.

I still prefer Nicks.

That makes sense, as any downhill trail at Hartshorne has them setup on the fall line and I can't think of one not blown out from it. I wonder if the people that love them so much actually walk the trail and observe how they hold up over time and what happens when the rain hits them :rolleyes:

I love tech trail and all but prefer Nicks as well.

2011 Trails Team Schedule
DATE LOCATION
March 26 Perrineville Lake Park
April 9 Hartshorne Woods
April 30 Thompson Park Environmental Cleanup
May 21 Holmdel Park
June 4 National Trails Day at Turkey Swamp
June 18 Huber Woods Park
July 9 Tatum

September 10 To Be Announced
September 24
October 15
October 29
November 5
November 19

No Love for Clayton in there? :cry:

Next MCPS trail training class May 14th

Saturday, May 14, 9:00am-12noon
Trails Workshop for New Volunteers
Thompson Park Training Annex, 53 Longbridge Road, Holmdel
(ages 16 & up)
Become a team member. Call for more information.

To register contact:

Melissa Kelly
Coordinator of Volunteers
Monmouth County Park System
805 Newman Springs Road
Lincroft, NJ 07738
(732) 842-4000 X 4283
Fax: (732) 842-4558
www.monmouthcountyparks.com
mkelly@monmouthcountyparks.com

See all who attend that day...peace..
mike

Saturday, May 14, 9:00am-12noon
Trails Workshop for New Volunteers
Thompson Park Training Annex, 53 Longbridge Road, Holmdel
(ages 16 & up)
Become a team member. Call for more information.

To register contact:

Melissa Kelly
Coordinator of Volunteers
Monmouth County Park System
805 Newman Springs Road
Lincroft, NJ 07738
(732) 842-4000 X 4283
Fax: (732) 842-4558
www.monmouthcountyparks.com
mkelly@monmouthcountyparks.com

Can I register for the class a few days before?

Just gotta make sure of my schedule, and check with the boss (wife).

Thanks.

Thanks.

Sure you can. They just like to have a rough head count so they know class size and amount of tools they may need.

Thanks.

As Pooriggy said sure thang!...see you at the class hopefully they we can talk basset hounds :D my old boy, his name was watson, he passed on about 5 years ago..looking to get another one,...be well..ride safe..:getsome:

Mike

As Pooriggy said sure thang!...see you at the class hopefully they we can talk basset hounds :D my old boy, his name was watson, he passed on about 5 years ago..looking to get another one,...be well..ride safe..:getsome:

Mike

I really hope I can make it. I just hope I don't have to work an overnight on Friday (damn healthcare profession).

My basset is 7 yrs old. She is the coolest. Sorry to hear he passed. Def get another one, their great dogs, but of course their STUBBORN.

Jordon

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to this, hopefully we get some good weather. It looks like possible rain in the forecast...... :(

I'm looking forward to this, hopefully we get some good weather. It looks like possible rain in the forecast...... :(

This class is primarily indoors, so rain will not effect the training. If its raining when you attend this class you won't feel like your missing out on riding...Bonus!

This class is primarily indoors, so rain will not effect the training. If its raining when you attend this class you won't feel like your missing out on riding...Bonus!

Well, i was hoping it would be more like on the job training, playing in the dirt :D

Well, i was hoping it would be more like on the job training, playing in the dirt :D

We run the class from 9:00am-12:00 noon,
from 9-1030 or so we are in the classroom, then if it isnt raining outside, we wil go out to demo the skills you learned in the classroom, we are not talking about building a new trial now, it is light trail work/demo..If it is raining the class will still happen unless otherwise notifed from Melissa, we just wont go outside to do trail stuff...Hope you can make it..see you tomorrow...

PS..stop over and introduce yourself, i am the oompa loompa in the grey MCPS t-shirt, blonde hair dooood...:rolleyes:

Mike

I really hope I can make it. I just hope I don't have to work an overnight on Friday (damn healthcare profession).

Jordon

Well hopefully yopu can make it, stop on over and introduce yourself, i am the blonde hair Ooompa Loompa in the grey MCPS T-shirt....be well..
\
Mike

We run the class from 9:00am-12:00 noon,
from 9-1030 or so we are in the classroom, then if it isnt raining outside, we wil go out to demo the skills you learned in the classroom, we are not talking about building a new trial now, it is light trail work/demo..If it is raining the class will still happen unless otherwise notifed from Melissa, we just wont go outside to do trail stuff...Hope you can make it..see you tomorrow...

PS..stop over and introduce yourself, i am the oompa loompa in the grey MCPS t-shirt, blonde hair dooood...:rolleyes:

Mike

Will do, I'll be on the lookout for oompa loompas :D

-Mike

Trail Class graduates

On Saturday, May 14th, we had 15 volunteers attend the Trails Maintenance Workshop! Once again, our dedicated crew leaders instructed the new members on basic volunteer procedures, tools and equipment used on the trails, safety tips, and reviewed basic construction and maintenance techniques.

Can you spot the MTBNJ members who are now MCPS TM crew Members and yes "They Dig"!....:D

Please welcome the new team members!!

John Rescigno, Gina Rescigno, Alexis Steponancko, Christine Locklear, James Bruckner, Debbie Matulonis, Ben Taylor, John Townend, Gordon Boak, Joan Gotti, Michael Sullivan, James Gentile, Kathleen Gentile, Chris Gentile, and David Carbone

Attachments

• securedownload.jpg
    securedownload.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 146
  • securedownload2.jpg
    securedownload2.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
Thats great! It's always good to have more folks who can come out for TM.

Welcome new Mike and thanks old Mike (your training and leadership of the trails is much appreciated).:)

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions