Canadian Geese: Most useless animal ever?

do you like them?

• Total voters
Wait, they’re not protected? o_O

They were removed from the federally protected species list about August 2004. Their population growth rate in NJ over the then previous 10 years was four time humans in NJ. About a day later Union County swooped in and gassed about 888 of them that had been living in Echo Lake Park, which they had rendered uninhabitable. The day care in town at the Presbyterian church had had to close their front lawn to day care children playing in the hose water in the summer.

May their numbers ever diminish.

No such animal. Fake news! ;)

CANADIAN GEESE. ... The vast majority of English speaking people call the goose that is large and has a black head—Branta canadensis—a Canadian Goose. However, its original name was a CANADA Goose. Remember, the official name for any bird is its Latin name

Regardless, totally f’n useless.
damn canucks!
First Canadian bacon... now this?

I don’t mind geese. I live across the street from a pond. A good sized one. It’s a major migration spot. Like thousands come and go. They stay in the winter and they are all gone now.

Sure they poop all over the place and that sucks in certain areas so they need to be managed but honestly, so do we. Just look at half of our state.

They mate for life, and when a mate dies the survivor will do a dance most mornings before the other geese stir. The widows/widowers will touch the tips of their wings to the ground while turning. The whole gaggle won’t do a whole lot during this. They are usually pretty still. After they finish the gaggle will start doing it’s thing, like pooping all over the place and annoying humans. They usually won’t pair up again if the mate is lost.

When people run them over when they are crossing the road it really pisses me off.

Just another animal who can adapt to its environment... anyone catch the video of one killing (drowning)another bird who got too close to the nest? Momma goose don’t play!

Wow, now I'll be a little more leary riding bye the geese with families on the canal towpath

One good thing is job creation. However I assume these people moved on to UBER or LYFT
pics_day_awsmblssm01370.jpg

No, the do not taste good. They taste bad, just eat chicken instead. Furthermore, they spend their time eating over-fertilized and pestisided grass on golf courses, industrial complexes, and corporate lawns. Can't imagine this makes them taste any better.

i figured as much, humans have a habit of eating tasty animals into extinction . . .

Back
Top Bottom