OOS MOGA

i had a 4cyl capri (crapie) in screaming yellow - purchased it not running - had a cracked head.
fixed it the next week - drove it for a month to get everything working, and got rid of it before something broke....
my friend had a 6cyl version w/5sp (i think it was 5) - ran well. but he drove it in a snow storm, and that was the end of that.

looked like this. weird lines.

View attachment 89999

a car i did like but never owned - buick reatta

View attachment 90000
Plymouth Cricket is a rebadged Hillmam- British

Le Mans is a race in France

The Fiero rear suspension is from the the Chevy Citation which uses Chapman struts- British design

Capri designed in Britain and built in Germany

Would have been cheaper to back pack Europe and get it out of your system :)

A friend of mine drove one of those Crapis back in the 80's; that's what he called it too back then.
He also had an original 240Z, THAT was a fun car to drive and would be nice to have now ( if it hasn't rusted away to a pile of crumbs by now.)

Need a little help here. The new wheels dont have a thread how do I swap this or do I need something else.
The 2ns picture is the new wheel/hub

Attachments

• 6BDEE5AC-7725-4249-AE57-B818902807A7.jpeg
    6BDEE5AC-7725-4249-AE57-B818902807A7.jpeg
    76.8 KB · Views: 79
  • D2726BDE-8379-40B0-B82A-6E9F0BB9881A.jpeg
    D2726BDE-8379-40B0-B82A-6E9F0BB9881A.jpeg
    71.1 KB · Views: 73
  • 7C12A72B-24A7-445A-9C70-72D38B342565.jpeg
    7C12A72B-24A7-445A-9C70-72D38B342565.jpeg
    67.9 KB · Views: 79
A friend of mine drove one of those Crapis back in the 80's; that's what he called it too back then.
He also had an original 240Z, THAT was a fun car to drive and would be nice to have now ( if it hasn't rusted away to a pile of crumbs by now.)

i mod'd one of the 240s for a customer - threw out the two weber carbs, and replaced it with a holly 4bbl -
quickened it up quite a bit. sounded better too. probably cause there was no place for the egr ?
yeah, they rusted away even if they weren't driven.

---

geez, i can't find any of my old pics. maybe at my parents'

here's a pic of my Dad's CVCC after being rear ended....i replaced the bumper with some flattened out coke cans that i purchased at the parts store.
1975ish? i think i had my permit at the time cause i remember driving it legally.. at least i think i was.

IMG_3094.JPG

it was not my dog.

i mod'd one of the 240s for a customer - threw out the two weber carbs, and replaced it with a holly 4bbl -
quickened it up quite a bit. sounded better too. probably cause there was no place for the egr ?
yeah, they rusted away even if they weren't driven.

---

geez, i can't find any of my old pics. maybe at my parents'

here's a pic of my Dad's CVCC after being rear ended....i replaced the bumper with some flattened out coke cans that i purchased at the parts store.
1975ish? i think i had my permit at the time cause i remember driving it legally.. at least i think i was.

View attachment 90036

it was not my dog.

What cellphone filter did you use that picture looks old fashion

Need a little help here. The new wheels dont have a thread how do I swap this or do I need something else.
The 2ns picture is the new wheel/hub

doesn't the cassette attach to a sleeve that then is slid onto that freehub?

let me go look.

Yes but then there The little pieces that’s screw on to the axle through the hub.

i have that extra piece - it seems to go over the threaded end? it can't be pulled off or unscrewed, yet is is spinning free of everything else.

IMG_3095.JPG
IMG_3096.JPG

a little gritty when this close - guess a bath is coming..

I was out on the paulinskill/sussex branch trail this afternoon, and can confirm that its a sloppy mess. Can't think Mooch will be much better. Maybe REAL early if its cold enough?

Back
Top Bottom