OOS MOGA

120mm set-up correctly will be better than 150mm not set-up correctly. Do you really need 150mm of travel? Honest assessment of one's needs ability or willingness to hang it out.
My last bike was 120, a Transition Bandit. Never liked it for where/how I ride. Either too much or not enough. Gun to head, right now, I'd keep the 135 banshee and Carver hardtail.

I have a 120 fork and I bottom it all the time. OTOH, I also think that a hardtail is fine for 99% of NJ so I might not be a good judge of that.
You're the guy that sends it all the time. I remember you were reluctant to demo at Ringwood. You'd love a full suspension

I was going to bring the Fatty on Sunday. I could also bring the Fuel for you to try out, but it has clipless pedals.
I learned my lesson riding clipless at CR. I have zero confidence when I'm on them, I'm afraid to take the fun lines. Thanks though, I appreciate the offer.

I do like dumplings. You know where I live.

BTW have you ever gone to the HIgh School on Chinese school Saturdays for the market?

If you do not quote my post, I'll never see your reply. This thread is impossible to keep up with. I'll just go ahead and assume that you guys will let me know if there's trouble over here.
Not WHRHS, but we used to go to the one Edison. It's like this thread, a little bit of insanity and you also have the guy trying to selling stinky tofu.

I learned my lesson riding clipless at CR. I have zero confidence when I'm on them, I'm afraid to take the fun lines. Thanks though, I appreciate the offer.

Maybe whenever we ride SixMile next, I'll bring the Fuel. Hopefully soon, it's getting cold and dark sooner... (-_-)

I feel like clipless would make me commit to stuff I bail on Im just not a fan of how the shoes fit

So you're back to flats?
With anything, theres pros and cons but which ever makes it more fun for you.

I am actually thinking about getting Saint pedals for the platforms over the XT clips that I currently have. I get nervous when I am not clipped in when going down rollers and whatnot. Feel like my feet will just slip off the pedals. I still can't clip in fast enough.... or on a consistent basis.

this is true - we didn't put it together last year. didn't i try to upward delegate this to @rlb?

BIYF is great for keeping one’s spirits up during the winter. The last time I was at 6 Mile Run was the BIYF group ride 2 years ago when we put the bridge back. I wonder if that bridge is still there

So you're back to flats?
With anything, theres pros and cons but which ever makes it more fun for you.

I am actually thinking about getting Saint pedals for the platforms over the XT clips that I currently have. I get nervous when I am not clipped in when going down rollers and whatnot. Feel like my feet will just slip off the pedals. I still can't clip in fast enough.... or on a consistent basis.
It depends on my mood. I'm mostly on flats if it's at all technical or jumpy but I am trying to get used to clipping in and out. I'm weird I guess, I just feel like I have more control without being attached to the bike.

can't make it, prior commitment - playing golf, which for me is just like a mtb ride. a couple hours in the woods.
Besides skiing anyone play golf? I used to have a 10 handicap but now I'm shooting around a 100. I only play 2-3 times a year so that's probably why

Back
Top Bottom