The Cryptocurrency and blockchain thread

Scam or not it’s the 4th largest and one of the few large corporations accept/own. It can be whatever it wants if it keeps doubling my money. The key with any speculatiive investment is use an amount you can afford to lose. To be honest BTSC has been the simplest trade to make a few bucks. Now I am solely using profits to trade on that as my original investment is off the table. Hous money.
Yeah Western Union announced they are going to use it, who is synonymous with scam.

I like DT's approach here - threw a bit in and made some $$,
took some profits off the table to limit downside risk, but is still in the game.
Wants to make money, and it is a nice distraction. not end of the world if it fails.

Last edited:
I like DT's approach here - threw a bit in and made some $$,
took some profits off the table to limit downside risk, but is still in the game.
Wants to make money, and it is a nice distraction. not end of the world if it fails.
I fo this with about 85% of my investments. Do some fundamental research, trade off technicals, make a set amount, pull initial investment out and let the house money run...or not.

my news feed has a bunch of articles on ripple and coinbase and "jump"

anyone want to summarize for me? too much to digest for my tangential interested.

lighting network went live on mainnet today, still in beta though. this is what is needed to properly solve some of the hangups with merchants. it opens the door for 3rd parties to provide sorta a debit card system of sorts. and someone could surely provide credit instead of debit too.

money-shred-17-5614054.jpg

In all seriousness, bitcoin is interesting to watch. We could be in a dip or in a crash.

This whole thing is very interesting. The underlying blockchain technology isn't going away, so investing in that is still very speculative at this point, but at least there is some type of underlying fundamental as a basis. Many of the larger financial companies are looking at how to adapt blockchain, and from what I understand the technology isn't going away, so a spec investment if you have a few grand lying around isn't a bad idea. The cryptocurrency itself has no fundamentals to rely on, or maybe you can say its tied to the blockchain and move together, so that is its fundamental? Invest in that if your swimming in cash, bored, and losing won't break the bank.

This whole thing is very interesting. The underlying blockchain technology isn't going away, so investing in that is still very speculative at this point, but at least there is some type of underlying fundamental as a basis. Many of the larger financial companies are looking at how to adapt blockchain, and from what I understand the technology isn't going away, so a spec investment if you have a few grand lying around isn't a bad idea. The cryptocurrency itself has no fundamentals to rely on, or maybe you can say its tied to the blockchain and move together, so that is its fundamental? Invest in that if your swimming in cash, bored, and losing won't break the bank.

Interesting read

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ers-say/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.c8b12bb84fc8

It was pretty much suspected from the get-go that there was manipulation to reach those highs. The underlying blockchain technology is here to stay though and has merit.

I don’t think that this is going to set the world on fire like Luke wants, at least not anytime soon. Blockchain is all about freedom, and people are sheep and deep down don’t like their freedom. They like to be led. We like to slowly give our rights and freedoms up in exchange for perceived protection.

I was at a party a week or so ago and Bitcoin came up and people there had no idea how it worked, so I was explaining the fundamentals. And they just kept getting more and more confused with "But we have money, and it's stable, and it's backed by the government" or "Why would we use this other payment method when credit cards work so well??" and while trying to explain it, having absolutely no answer for they why it's better in any fashion. Trying to explain to a normal person how complicated bitcoin is, how to store it, how to spend it, etc put the coffin in the nail in my head of it's true usefulness.

I was at a party a week or so ago and Bitcoin came up and people there had no idea how it worked, so I was explaining the fundamentals. And they just kept getting more and more confused with "But we have money, and it's stable, and it's backed by the government" or "Why would we use this other payment method when credit cards work so well??" and while trying to explain it, having absolutely no answer for they why it's better in any fashion. Trying to explain to a normal person how complicated bitcoin is, how to store it, how to spend it, etc put the coffin in the nail in my head of it's true usefulness.

people agree it has value - just like anything else. end of explanation.
What value it has is up for debate (or trade) -

problem is, the volatility (rise) drew people in - you know anyone else getting excited about currency speculation like it was
a stock?

Back
Top Bottom