H2H Categories

XC and Endurance are different classes. Points you earn in XC count towards the XC title. Points you ear in endurance count towards the endurance title. Points do not get combined.
Thanks for the info. I found some info on the H2H website. I think I have it all figured out. Thanks again

Speaking of costs -
MASS + $20 fee to be entered into the standings for series championship jersey
(not sure if that includes the reusable number plate fee, i recall having to pay extra for that at races in previous years).

from their bikereg page: "MASS registered racers are competing for end-of-season champions jerseys and individual and team awards in the XC and Endurance races. In order to be entered into the MASS series competitions participants must register for the series here (Bike reg page listing $20 fee) and be assigned a series plate number. Series Registration is a requirement for the series and we will continue to use permanent series number plates with timing chips in them for most races."

H2H automatically includes anyone who raced during any race in the series in the running for the series championship.

Speaking of costs -
(not sure if that includes the reusable number plate fee, i recall having to pay extra for that at races in previous years).

Yes, that fee is to register for the series overall and get your season-long plate. It's $15 if you reg early.

:rolleyes:

I couldn't give two shits about usac....

Seriously... is there some sort pissing match between the two?

No, but MASS is not USAC and H2H is. That's the only reason I said that. As for why they don't combine? I have no idea. Why would they?

No, but MASS is not USAC and H2H is. That's the only reason I said that. As for why they don't combine? I have no idea. Why would they?

Ah...

The H2H races are within the Mid atlantic region

Cross polination of racers motivated by points series

Shared resources and support

Consistency with race categories, race lengths, formats

More coordination of event dates to prevent conflicts

Thats just a few that come to mind... I’m sure there are plenty more

Ah...

The H2H races are within the Mid atlantic region

Cross polination of racers motivated by points series

Shared resources and support

Consistency with race categories, race lengths, formats

More coordination of event dates to prevent conflicts

Thats just a few that come to mind... I’m sure there are plenty more
Good talk

Speaking of costs -

from their bikereg page: "MASS registered racers are competing for end-of-season champions jerseys and individual and team awards in the XC and Endurance races. In order to be entered into the MASS series competitions participants must register for the series here (Bike reg page listing $20 fee) and be assigned a series plate number. Series Registration is a requirement for the series and we will continue to use permanent series number plates with timing chips in them for most races."

H2H automatically includes anyone who raced during any race in the series in the running for the series championship.

Newbie question.... do you think it's worth signing up for the series if we're planning on doing 4 or more MASS races, or is it just another money grabber if you care about having a fancier number plate?

Newbie question.... do you think it's worth signing up for the series if we're planning on doing 4 or more MASS races, or is it just another money grabber if you care about having a fancier number plate?

If you don't care about adding to team points or individual points, and are ok with having to pick up a plate at every race, then it probably isnt for you. If you *might* change your mind and do more, pony up for the convenience of the season-long plate.

Here are their guidelines for series comp:

The Cross Country Series will consist of 10 XC races. Your best 7 races will be counted towards the XC series championships.

The Endurance Series will consist of 7 endurance & marathon races. Your best 5 races will be counted towards the Endurance series championships.

The Enduro Series will consist of 7 enduro races. Your best 5 races will be counted towards the Enduro series championships.

Are you allowed to race more than one class? Say could you race Cat 3 +45, and say Open 55? Thanks.

Speaking of costs -

Our Iron Furnace 25K/50K race is a MASS Endurance Race in NJ and the Summer Sizzler in South NJ is a MASS XC race. BearScat has historically been a MASS race but that changed this year when we changed the date to the fall (MASS Series is over by then). The $20 series fee includes the plate and series related overhead (series medals, etc) which is not included in the individual race fees. Only those racers competing for the series titles bear the cost of the related overhead. Individual race promoters pay a small fee to be part of the MASS series.

Back
Top Bottom