H2H Categories

jeffstick

JORBA: Waywayanda
JORBA.ORG
Added

+ Background check passed
+ Tried for a while to submit an event permit today, but the only option I currently have available to me is a non-competitive event
+ Emailed contact again to see if they can fix whatever the problem is

I am about done with this bullshit. I went into this with an open mind but this is stupid.

Summary

1. USAC license for me: $75 ($75)
  2. Club registration: $200 ($275)
  3. Officials license: $50 ($325)
  4. CEU credit requirement
  5. Pass a background check
  6. Pay for background check: $20 ($345)
  7. Need to give my SSN
  8. Sexual Misconduct Training
  9. Mandatory Sexual Reporting Training
  10. Emotional and Physical Misconduct Training
  11. Race Director fee of $150 was waiver by USAC
  12. Additional background check information has been requested so I need to give them more information, but they will not tell me what yet
  13. A second background check was requested. Emailed and asked why I had to do a 2nd 2 days after the first
  14. Background check passed
  15. Tried for a while to submit an event permit today, but the only option I currently have available to me is a non-competitive event
  16. Emailed contact again to see if they can fix whatever the problem is

You might want to shake the tree a bit with USAC isn't your race in like 3 weeks? I'm not sure if you saw this from their site but you usually need to do their permit several weeks before
Screen Shot 2018-04-02 at 5.15.55 PM.png

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You might want to shake the tree a bit with USAC isn't your race in like 3 weeks? I'm not sure if you saw this from their site but you usually need to do their permit several weeks before

Yeah, he got back to me today and said he fixed it, so I can go submit the rest of it. I'll get around to it, until it blocks me again. Or maybe I'll just list it as a fondo.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Added

+ Reply from Lamp (the USAC guy) - he fixed whatever was broken
+ Filled out the inordinately long race permit forms, cost $100

Summary
  7. Need to give my SSN
  12. Additional background check information has been requested so I need to give them more information, but they will not tell me what yet
  13. A second background check was requested. Emailed and asked why I had to do a 2nd 2 days after the first
  15. Tried for a while to submit an event permit today, but the only option I currently have available to me is a non-competitive event
  17. Reply from Lamp (the USAC guy) - he fixed whatever was broken
  18. Filled out the inordinately long race permit forms, cost $100 ($445)

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Added

Summary
  7. Need to give my SSN

At least it'll be Spring by the time you get this all worked out.

onetracker

Added

Summary
  7. Need to give my SSN
Wait, I think I want to run a USAC race. I really like the new MTB-Fondo format.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Added

+ Confirmed that the event is now listed. Done

Summary
  7. Need to give my SSN
  19. Confirmed that the event is now listed. Done

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
I'm curious as to how the new "Open Single Speed" at Cat 2 distance has worked out so far.

Are all of the usual suspects from Cat 1 Single Speed just racing in Open/Pro and Age-Group Cat 1 now? How big have the fields been for the new category so far?

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm curious as to how the new "Open Single Speed" at Cat 2 distance has worked out so far.

Are all of the usual suspects from Cat 1 Single Speed just racing in Open/Pro and Age-Group Cat 1 now? How big have the fields been for the new category so far?
We have had 2 races, Ringwood got 3 SSs and Mooch got 5. The cat 1 SS suspects are racing their age group on SS. ..and then there is Dave Taylor racing Open/Pro on his SS.
SSing is down, even in the Mass Series. We need NICA to push a SS class, otherwise I'm not sure how much longer SS will be around.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
We have had 2 races, Ringwood got 3 SSs and Mooch got 5. The cat 1 SS suspects are racing their age group on SS. ..and then there is Dave Taylor racing Open/Pro on his SS.
SSing is down, even in the Mass Series. We need NICA to push a SS class, otherwise I'm not sure how much longer SS will be around.
I think what Iggy said is right but I think the combined class isn't helping much. There were some Cat 1 guys that were gonna race SS this year and aren't now because of the Cat 2 length. We lost a lot of them like Baumann, Kelly, White, Cima, Kenny Reynolds. Virtually no Cat 1 ss guys are racing the ss class now. Looking over the last two years however in 2016 we had a combined 42 racers that did atleast one race in either class....2017 that went down to 33. I don't have the answer. Singlespeed racers seem to be declining. I think the class has only had 2-4 racers this year and none have been cat 1 guys.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
I didn’t research but correct me if I’m wrong, did Cat 1 SS have a payout?

If it didn’t, would you still race Cat 1 SS with no payout over your age group with a payout?

Mountain Bike Mike

NICA SS equivalent is BMX racing

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I didn’t research but correct me if I’m wrong, did Cat 1 SS have a payout?

If it didn’t, would you still race Cat 1 SS with no payout over your age group with a payout?
Payout/No payout has no bearing on my choice of race category. I would race a cat 1 SS race with no payout if it was a legit cat 1 distance.
Honestly, I just want good racing. I'm fine with lining up against geared guys in 45+ with my SS.

@David Taylor, h2h numbers didn't go down with change to SS class, they just got shuffled around. The same amount of people are still racing, they just moved to gears or are racing SS in classes other then SS class.
SS has always been a smaller subset of geared mtbing. Full suspension has gotten so much better over the years which kinda kicked SS to the curb imo. Bike manufactures pretty much stopped making SS because people want FS. SS has become a small niche, that will become smaller and smaller over time.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Payout/No payout has no bearing on my choice of race category. I would race a cat 1 SS race with no payout if it was a legit cat 1 distance.
Honestly, I just want good racing. I'm fine with lining up against geared guys in 45+ with my SS.

@David Taylor, h2h numbers didn't go down with change to SS class, they just got shuffled around. The same amount of people are still racing, they just moved to gears or are racing SS in classes other then SS class.
SS has always been a smaller subset of geared mtbing. Full suspension has gotten so much better over the years which kinda kicked SS to the curb imo. Bike manufactures pretty much stopped making SS because people want FS. SS has become a small niche, that will become smaller and smaller over time.
I only had numbers for 16 and 17. Too early to tell. I just find it amusing to best up on the geared crew on ss

SSmtbr

Coming from a Cat 2 SS DFL racer:

When registering for upcoming H2H races (Stewart for sure, the rest TBD) should I enter Open SS and get murdered or Cat 2 age group and get murdered?

Rocksrgood4u

I have a stupid question- checked the faq's on bikereg, etc. and couldn't find an answer.

If I reg for Lewmo challenge endurance cat, and I turn 45 the week after the race, may I register for 45+ masters? Or should I stick to endurance open...?

Yes I want to race with the older group because of my own perceived inadequacies... :)

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have a stupid question- checked the faq's on bikereg, etc. and couldn't find an answer.

If I reg for Lewmo challenge endurance cat, and I turn 45 the week after the race, may I register for 45+ masters? Or should I stick to endurance open...?

Yes I want to race with the older group because of my own perceived inadequacies... :)

45+

Top Bottom